Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Summer 2023 Challenge

Update:
    Prep and paint kitchen pantry unit - This is no longer on the list due to change in goals. I am actually working with a kitchen designer and contractor to hopefully get our kitchen done in the near future, so this unit would be used for storage during the remodel, and I wouldn't worry about finish work until remodel is done.
    Get railing installed
    Replace sump pump - DH seems to have it working OK, so will just keep an eye on it for now.
    Prune halesias - done
    Touch up paint on cellar window
    Plant mini clover - done
    Make prototype of light switch plate from clay (We have nice ceramic switch and outlet plates in two of our rooms. It would be nice if I could make some for the other rooms in the house. I need to do some calculations and will need to tweak and play around a bit to allow for shrinkage in the kiln, so this will be a fun challenge). - First pass was done. It warped pretty badly, so looks like I collaborated with Dali. It otherwise seems pretty good as far as the measurements go except the two screw holes need to be moved a tiny bit. I'm going to probably put this on hold for now, or at least it isn't going to be a priority, because weather has finally been good and I want to take advantage for outside projects and recreation.

My balcony is being enclosed with glass windows and screens Wednesday. Once done the inside needs to be painted. I found someone to paint but she’s booked out for a few months. I have already waited 5 months for the materials to do the balcony to arrive. So although I hate painting I bought everything to do it myself. She was going to provide everything but the paint for 400 and I spent 50 on supplies not counting the paint. So I will save money.

Yppej
    Kitchen remodel is a big deal RR!

Yppej
    I just can't bear to work with the increasingly bullying and chauvinistic city council president on term limits. Put out a message to see if anyone else wants to take this over.

Tires place is playing games. 5000 miles ago they said the tire tread was a 5, today they said a 7 so it wouldn't be a warranty issue. Tread goes down not up with time but I don't have their prior measure in writing. Now I will have to find another place to do a measure for a warranty claim. Also now all of a sudden I need an alignment check.

I've been waiting all spring and summer for installation of a new pool to begin. Crews showed up early this morning to begin digging and it looks like we may get some use out of it before the season ends after all. Had a great time today watching a giant hole appear in the yard

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Alan, I bet you will really enjoy your pool!!

I have lots of home issues that I struggle to deal with. I have some disability and knowledge issues. Some things I just have no idea how to do, and others are very difficult for me to do due to mobility issues. I can't get on my knees, squat, or sit on the floor. I need to change my oven element, but can't reach the back of the oven. I need to replace ceiling fans but struggle with the mobility required plus lack of knowledge. I need to paint my kitchen. that's challenging. I've been trying to get these things figured out.

That is a BIG hole, Alan! Enjoy the pool.

Tiam, I hope you are able to figure all those things out.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Excellent. projects, Alan and Terry, that will certainly provide hours of outdoor fun.

Pools are great family fun. I was talking to friends about their pool activity when their three teens were growing up. All the kids’ friends was always at the pool. Stuff broke, lots of food consumed, lots of chaos and craziness took place but…

… They always knew where their kids were. In the backyard. In the pool.
    I am not a serious person.

Thread Information