Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2023 Challenge

Yppej

Summer 2023 Challenge

It's a new season and my plans are:

1. See who emerges from the primary to oppose the mayoral incumbent and most likely help that person, assuming they want my help.
    2. Follow up on term limits for Board of Health members, which will go before the Council late August at the earliest.
    3. I believe one BOH member retired over a year now may let his medical license lapse - if so work to get him out right away. (We recently got the covidian school superintendent out, so this is not as far fetched as it sounds.)
    4. Put in for, maybe even take another week's staycation.
    5. Continue with my recent move to avoid heavy GMO foods (soy, corn, sugar beet) and not backslide.
    6. Stay on budget every month.
    7. Get some resolution on the tires issue.
    8. Remove an out of control shrub and let vinca take over that area.
    9. Lose those last 5 pounds.

Bookshelf project
    clear the bed
    Figure out quilt backing
    Summer of Solidarity
    Fix toilet
    Anything that needs to be done before epic vacation

The bookshelf and bed project continue. Finished the quilt top and didn't buy the backing fabric, not going to buy it this this year since it's a buy nothing crafts related year. Might be able to find an old sheet or just make it 2024 Hana's problem. Summer is a slow time for me so I'm going to support the Writers and SAG (their contract ends 6/30 and their grievances are similar to the Writers), and one of my sisters works in a support role and belongs to a different Union so I'm going to spend a few hours on the picket line in DC. Hearing water running in the toilet that only I can hear. Already did the food dye test and will with the help of YouTube futz around with it so we can fix it or realize we need to bring in the professionals.

Going to prioritize the bedroom and hope to have it done before we leave for the epic vacation.

Yppej
    Got a vacation week in late summer approved. Having second thoughts about the shrub.

I like Summer of Solidarity!

Yppej
    Backslid on the diet and gained instead of losing. Oh well. It's hard when there are tempting foods at work from our summer cookouts.

The first two are carried over from last challenge:
    • Prep and paint kitchen pantry unit
    • Get railing installed
    • Replace sump pump
    • Prune halesias
    • Touch up paint on cellar window
    • Plant mini clover
    • Make prototype of light switch plate from clay (We have nice ceramic switch and outlet plates in two of our rooms. It would be nice if I could make some for the other rooms in the house. I need to do some calculations and will need to tweak and play around a bit to allow for shrinkage in the kiln, so this will be a fun challenge).

Rosa, I like that you've put a creative challenge in your list! Not a chore, but something fun. I have a big list...1.get rid of groundhogs...2. Defrost the freezer which is DONE 3. prep and paint the porch floor 4. oh so many flower beds to weed and edge 5. pick blueberries ( husband usually does this, but his back I wonky right now) He also preps the porch floor although I am capable of doing it... I may just add to this list the finished items to make me feel less behind.

I have a huge list that seems to get bigger each year, with more carry-over. Most things are not in my sole control, so that makes it harder. So for me alone, I would like to:
    * remove the fence from the north side of the old dog kennel
    * scrub the front porch floor and stain or seal it, or both. I will need help with moving the furniture off, but DD and I can manage that by ourselves
    * move the rest of the mulch pile to new locations in the back yard mud zones
    * continue the search for a decent, affordable handy-man for chores DH is no longer able to safely manage

early morning, It is so hard to find workers...I want a window washer and the quotes from the "professinals" were ridiculous...our other guy was unreliable.
    *blueberry picking in process 1/2 gallon yesterday
    *groundhog traps in process as the traps are baited
    *edging
    *weeding
    *porch floor

Yppej
    Backslid on the GMO foods but staying on budget.

Yppej
    Hacked away at some more of the shrub but ran out of room in my yard waste barrels.
    Playing phone tag with the attorney general's office who I believe will help me with the tire issue.

Thread Information