Thread: How Much Are You Spending For The Fourth?

How Much Are You Spending For The Fourth?

Okay----Add it ALL up. Meat for the grill, propane for the grill(or charcoal), Beer & other refreshments, snack food, and of course----FIREWORKS. Not just on the 4th, but in the days before & after---FIREWORKS! All of this shows how patriotic and American you are. Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Okay----Add it ALL up. Meat for the grill, propane for the grill(or charcoal), Beer & other refreshments, snack food, and of course----FIREWORKS. Not just on the 4th, but in the days before & after---FIREWORKS! All of this shows how patriotic and American you are. Yup.
    Have you noticed all of the big red and white tents going up along highways full of fireworks?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Have you noticed all of the big red and white tents going up along highways full of fireworks?
    Okay---Well, a course I know there's ad hoc fireworks stores everywhere! It's allways been that way in Zurra. But yeah---I-wah, as goody-goody RINO as they are up in nowhereland, finally said--"Let's have some FUN for the kids, here!" Maybe they won't leave, after graduation. See? Yup. That being said, one year I was angry and bitter with a neighbor, so I bought ecxploding rockets, and aimed them at their yard. Ha. Screeeeech---Bang! Just like the Middle East, if you get my drift. Or you kidses' fav-o-rite country, ukrainia. Yup. I may gt several packs this year, and explode them, just to be obnoxious and of course---patriodiotic. Hope that helps you some.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I remember back in the old days when I was a teenager we just drove outside the denver city limits and could buy all the fireworks we wanted. Patriotic tents everywhere! Miraculously neither I nor my friends seriously injured ourselves. Now I live in the land of wildfires. I can't imagine setting off fireworks here. Maybe if we still lived in the middle of the city.

We don't spend much. DH and I usually bring Mom over for an easy meal of burgers, salad and chips, something like that, followed by pie and ice cream. So I guess maybe the pie and ice cream could be considered extra, but probably less than $20 extra spending all told.

We have had a July 4th party 3 out of the 5 past 4th's (COVID prevented 2). We have a fantastic vantage point for the fireworks, as they are set off directly across from us about a mile away on the lake.

However, we have had a VERY expensive year so far with my son's wedding, purchase of the camper, and some housing projects, so we're skipping it this year. We will have the kids up, but that will be it. Total spend will probably be under $100 for food. My son has already supplied the "personal. use" fireworks and the town has supplied the big fireworks display so no expenditure there.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Not spending a thing on food or a BBQ. Going diving at the local quarry, maybe with a friend.

Don't know. When I did my last grocery store run, several of their fridges were broke and something I have craved for a while and only eat occasionally was all pitched from it (lasagna). I was thinking I may drive to the store and buy one after I hopefully diagnose and fix my car (hope it is a coil pack). That is hard to do since I have been on for a few weeks (no days off, boss medical issue) and the fourth is my first day off, and possibly the only one until Thanksgiving.

But there is a gal that I don't really know where we are, we text or talk daily, but she doesn't want her daughter to get any ideas yet. Been invited over and may do some fireworks with them *I am not much into it, I was always injured on the fourth as a kid, from nose bitten off, to leg filleted, to sitting on burning fireworks remnants from a city show) I want her to have a safe one, and they have a pool that doesn't get much use (youngest two in a "retirement community after her mom passed and left her the place).

Most years we go to a nearby friend's house for a barbecue. Total expenditure, one gift bottle of wine. This year she's in the middle of a major kitchen renovation so isn't hosting. Not sure what we'll do instead. Maybe invite her over for a bbq at our house? Total cost a couple of steaks and a chicken breast, plus whatever sides we decide to have, probably corn on the cob and maybe a pasta salad or something. Presumably friend will bring the gift bottle of wine... Like Catherine it's been an expensive year at the JP household between a major bathroom reno, new HVAC system and soon upcoming skylight installation so we're trying to hold down unnecessary expenditures. No big trips or such planned for us this year.

IF we get together with family or the neighbors, it will only be the cost of whatever food we contribute.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information