Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily To-Do's/Notable Accomplishments

Daily To-Do's/Notable Accomplishments

Kind of leaving this "time" generic as I certainly haven't been keeping up. LOL.

That said, today has been very productive!!! Fixed the latch on the basement door, fixed both the kitchen recycle and garbage cans, cleaned and covered the little electric piano, sorted through the kids old gaming system stuff and will have decisions on their continued existence in the house soon (LOL), made bread dough and did other various food related things.

It doesn't happen often but since my little to-do list is finished, I'm looking around to see what else I can get done before I exhaust myself.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I washed three bedding sets and air dried outside two of them. Things dry so fast in this hot breezy weather.

I finally did what I always wanted to do and said I should do and got up at 6:30am to garden. I usually work first, which means I get outside to water at the worst possible time of day. I planted some veggies, weeded, watered, and applied Neem oil to my asters and lonicera.

Also, instead of working on my report distractedly, I focused, set timers, took two short breaks, and stopped when I hit 4 hours of work--just like the Nearings... 4 hours of "bread labor." Now I can paint and go boating with DH!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Had a good day yesterday as I finally addressed a bunch of little things on my to-do list that have been lingering "forever".

Picked up a small pint of ready-to-use patching cement and patched three holes along the foundation of the house on the driveway side. (Not pretty, but it's done! LOL).

Picked up some ready-to-use grout stuff to try to "fix" a little patio table we had been given years ago, but had some pieces loose and missing off the top. Didn't work well, but at least no little pieces to keep falling onto the ground. Not sure if we will keep or put on the magic sidewalk. (Probably onto the magic sidewalk, as we never used it anyway).

Finally found the sneaker repair stuff and have my almost-new sneaker drying as I type. Hopefully this will work!!

Got some screen repair stuff to use to patch little holes in a couple of the screens that the cats "attacked".
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

We went to St. Louis to meet friends for dinner, and drove around our old neighborhood. noteworthy is that we dumpster dived—judiciously—several very nice and expensive garden tools +3 plant stands that were very sturdy.

My accomplishment is to talk to DH about what we would really do with that stuff if we grabbed it. We both agreed we’d probably trade in our own tools and keep these new ones. The plant stands are probably some thing I will use, but if I do not, I can give them away, I think. They are unusual because they’re nicely constructed.

Why is it special? Well, we haven’t dumpster dived seriously in a couple of years and we were judicious in what we took. I don’t want to be collecting more junk from my house even if it is nice junk.

I picked up my grocery order and got all my groceries put away.

I did my daily chores which include making my bed, sweeping the kitchen floor, washing the dishes and feeding the dog.

I emptied the dehumidifier and put the water on flowers in the backyard.

I did some prep work for my big family meal that will be on Sunday.

Yesterday - did grocery shopping as well as picked up a couple of other needed small items - finally. lol

Got on the phone and finally filed an "intent to file" on something that the deadline was rapidly approaching. Now gives me a year for the actual filing.

Organized and paid some bills.

Filled out the application to renew our passports. Now to get the pictures taken.

I did my morning routine housework items.

I did food prep work ahead of tomorrow's family get-together.

Ran to the grocery store to pick up a few things I forgot.

Cleaned the bathroom sink and toilet.

Filled the coffee cannister.

Wasn't sure where else to put this, so this thread wins. LOL.

I have spent the day cleaning my desk. It doesn't sound like much but in doing so, I now have all my desk drawers able to open easily. Lots of little things have been trashed, added to the donation pile or better organized. ;

The desk cleaning has also led to the cleaning/decluttering of other areas. For example, upon finding batteries in my desk, I took them to our shelf for batteries and ended up checking if existing batteries are good or bad and creating an organized location for both. This then led me to cleaning the shelf that the batteries were on. LOL.

It's been that kind of day and LOTS of little things have been organized/cleaned/decluttered. Nothing noticeable by any other family members, but *I* know.

It was a good day.
    Last edited by happystuff; 8-27-23 at 8:40am.

Thread Information