Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Daily To-Do's/Notable Accomplishments

rosa, hope all stays mostly dry! We have a damp/wet basement and multiple pumps. And everything is up on blocks, including our new furnace, which is already on the high side of the cellar- they make "pads" for them for just that purpose. happy, I do hope you don't need to use your new setup but it's always good to be as prepared as possible.

I feel like my notable accomplishments lately have just been keeping my head above water, dealing with all the normal issues that abnormal people have lol, and trying to stay cheerful, solvent, and as helpful as possible. *sigh*

Wishing all of you with damp/wet basements a dry winter!

I live in old houses where water is a fact of life in basements, hopefully just a little.
    I am not a serious person.

So it is shaping up to be a more typical Sunday. I've got wings in the cp (after making some homemade BBQ sauce), have my breakfast dish for the week made, laundry is in the washer, and sausage is thawing for tomorrow's dinner. I do need to run out and get a new belt.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I finally fixed my jeans that needed new elastic to keep them up, and a nightie that is on it's last legs, but can get one more season out of it!!!

Thursdays are always my busy day. After work, I have to pick up groceries for the following week, change out litter boxes, and collect all the trash and take to the curb. Not to mention cooking dinner, cleaning up the kitchen, etc. Yesterday, I also stopped at Petco. I make sure Fridays are the complete opposite. No running around doing stuff when I get home from work. I get to sit and relax. Sometimes I choose to get some Saturday chores done Friday night but don't stress about it if I don't.

I agree about Fridays, Klunick, but during the day hours before work. I always try to get my grocery shopping done Wed or Thur so that I don't have to run out on Friday.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Decent morning as I've called about a medical appointment (waiting for return call), did the bills and finished up a baby outfit. Hoping to squeeze a walk in before work.

Put on a new back door knob!! Old one broke. It had broken about two years ago, but I was able to fix it. Not this time. So installed a new one. Now to get another key made.

got most of the smaller limbs from last week's storm out of one side yard. The other is full of a downed cedar, and will have to wait! Used my little battery chain saw, and was able to clear a lot with it. The larger part, now mostly de-branched - about 2' in diameter - will have to wait for adultkid#2 (I need a shorthand for that!!) or DH to pull out the big gas chainsaw. And there are a fair number of pieces that went too deep into the ground for me to just pull. But a couple hours spent and a lot of crap cleaned up! And that's it for today outside, I'm about done, lol.

Our Puerto de Gato solved one problem but created another. We don't have many interior doors in our house, and the cellar is the one reasonable space for us to shut up the cats while workers are coming in and out. The only problem is that we now have this cute little hole we put in the door, lol. Our temporary solution was to use an inelegant and cumbersome combination of plywood, the box from the range hood and 2 jugs of ice melt wedged between the cellar door and the wall opposite. Yesterday, DH came up with a much more effective long-term solution (the piece of plywood slides in and out of place between the slots). Now that the kitchen is done, we won't need to shut them away very often, but I'm sure the need will arise occasionally.
    puerto solution.jpg

Thread Information