Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: July purge

July purge

Finally got rid of the too big for me bike I’ve had for three years. Given to me during Covid lockdown. Person who gave it to me didn’t want it back. I put it near the dumpster. Someone will take it.

Took a cart load of Amazon boxes and two big trash bags out to dumpster.

So glad to have the bike gone.

Bag of clothes to the thrift store, sold an item and threw away 2 garbage bags of stuff. I asked my kids if they wanted me to make them a photo album from their childhood. I have 3 sons so made them each one. I probably threw away half of the pictures. Anything that was blurry, people had weird looks on their faces or were duplicates that I didn’t need.

When I was done I had 3 albums for myself. It took me 20 hours over 3 days. I am glad that pictures now are digital and don’t take up space. My last two trips I have on my phone and I’m the cloud.

Well the elephant in the room for me as far as decluttering goes, is - you probably guessed it - pottery! We now have boxes of it! My sister brought a box of mugs to work and sold 13 of them, so that was good. (I should add that she suggested doing this; it isn't anything I would have asked of her). We were going to get a table to sell pottery at our town Strawberry Festival last month, but it rained all day. Fortunately we don't need to sell pottery in the rain to put food on the table or anything, so we didn't. There is an upcoming crafts fair at the local Knights of Columbus and I might look into getting a table for that event, as much as I hate the evil K of C. At this point a lot of our stuff is pretty decent, and I think we could do quite well with our low "get it out of our cellar" prices. Then we could use the proceeds to buy more clay and make more pottery!

Can you post a picture of one of your mugs? Maybe you could open an Etsy shop.

I pitched some anniversary cards and letters. The computer desk is less messy!

Rosaruga - I'd love to see your pottery. Whenever I go to a art fair, I am compelled to visit all of the pottery booths - like a honing beam bringing me in!
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Tybee and Beckyliz: DH is really the mug guy. I've been doing vases and plant impressions. I'll post a pic of some vases on my pottery thread and will try to get some plant impression pics on there soon. If I keep all the pottery pics in one place, it will be easier for me to keep track of what I've shared.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Tybee and Beckyliz: DH is really the mug guy. I've been doing vases and plant impressions. I'll post a pic of some vases on my pottery thread and will try to get some plant impression pics on there soon. If I keep all the pottery pics in one place, it will be easier for me to keep track of what I've shared.
    Looking forward to it!

Got rid of a little plastic side table from our patio that never gets used. Also gave away four tumblers for a co-worker's daughters. The lids were colors my son deemed not manly enough for him.

DH put a 12 cube bookcase in a closet. I am thrilled. It holds all the books I brought and has ample room for other storage! I was totally bummed having to cull my book collection but am now thrilled to have my favs organized. I did copy a number of pages from books and will put them into my own binders.

Thread Information