Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: July purge

Got rid of a bunch of boxes - took them to our church so the food pantry can use them.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

We have signed up for a table at a local crafts fair in August. We get a 12' x 12' space for $30. The organizer says they've never had anyone with pottery and he suspects we'll do well. If this goes OK, I could envision us doing 1- 2 similar events a year to offload our inventory and recoup a bit of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    We have signed up for a table at a local crafts fair in August. We get a 12' x 12' space for $30. The organizer says they've never had anyone with pottery and he suspects we'll do well. If this goes OK, I could envision us doing 1- 2 similar events a year to offload our inventory and recoup a bit of cash.
    I think you’ll do well. Your pottery has pretty colors and patterns and it $30 for a booth you can’t go wrong!

8-10 garden pavers and two large planters. Been sitting unused between our two garages for a few years.

Just pitched 3 IKEA bags full of stuff - some clothes, dive bag I had been given and didn’t want, other stuff I should have gotten rid of a while ago.

Couple bags of clothes, quilt, pillow cases, bed skirt, decorative towels, jackets, winter vests, etc. 80% was from my wife! woohoo, she is starting to fill it. Her sister just retired and is doing a massive purge, so may be an inspiration?

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    That is exciting! It's always so cool to see how hobbies evolve here--from Tradd with her diving to IL with her prize-winning floral creations to bae with his photography to you with your carpentry and pottery... Have fun and let us know how it went!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Ugh. We swung by the car dealership this week to pick up the incentive items ordered for our car, “free” they were.

The car mats and cargo pan—useful. But some sort of bag to store them in? And then, an extra bag with insulation for ??? food transport maybe?

ugh. I hate this shit. And then, the usual bags of crap from the Lily conference. Blech. The big stuff will go to Goodwill, but the conference bags o’ crap went to landfill.

God WHY must people pile unwanted crap on me??!I am now taking it personally. STOP IT UNIVERSE!!!

I even got a "goodie" bag of stuff from our Arkansas tour directior. She had collected it along the way from various sites. I gave all of it to someone who has young grandkids. They at least like it and find it easy to throw away. I am no longer going to flea markets, auctions, garage sales, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    I even got a "goodie" bag of stuff from our Arkansas tour directior. She had collected it along the way from various sites. I gave all of it to someone who has young grandkids. They at least like it and find it easy to throw away. I am no longer going to flea markets, auctions, garage sales, etc.
    There is someone in my plant societies who is absolutely obsessed with physical objects and We MUST always have bags o’ crap at these conferences according to her. This year she actually FUNDED the custom printed cheap fabric bags of a non-useful size. Ok whatever, her money and she can do with it as she wishes.

The ironic thing was that we picked up our bags o’ crap at conference registration and went to our hotel room, and only then found the one thing I wanted wasn’t even in the bag o’ crap: the conference program. I didn’t know exactly what time things started, what room were speakers were in, etc. But boy did I have a folded map, hand sanitizer, cheap mask, bookmark, etc. Thanks for nothing!
    Last edited by iris lilies; 7-15-23 at 4:21pm.

Thread Information