Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite no cook summer meal?

Favorite no cook summer meal?

Right now I don’t want to cook and the heat/humidity has taken away a lot of my appetite. I’ll take two pouches of tuna (in water), a bit of Miracle Whip, dill pickle relish, and salt and pepper. I eat it with skme good whole grain crackers I found on Amazon. Very satisfying.

What’s your favorite non-cook summer meal? With minimal chopping, too!

The last few days I've been on kit salads from the store. They come with different toppings and dressings and an interesting assortment of greens. Slightly pricey, but for one person I can get two or three suppers from one bag. I make a batch of burritos and freeze them to microwave later for something a little more substantial.

I usually make something like a white bean salad with chopped up veggies and oil vinegar dressing. Last night, I made a farro and arugula salad. I don't mind chopping

Mixed greens, tomatoes, scallions, sweet onions, garbanzos, garlic, crumbled feta, and Green Goddess dressing.

Well some slicing is required, but not too much: smoked salmon on a toasted bagel with cream cheese, cucumber, tomato, and optional capers, also a bit of arugula if we have some in the house.

Sandwiches. Easy and satisfying.

Or, there is some heating up involved, but there's nothing like corn and tomatoes for dinner with a little mozzarella cheese and basil. Especially if you live in NJ. In VT we have very good corn and tomatoes but the summer is half over before you can get it locally.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

If you have AC I don’t understand not wanting to eat anything hot. Now back when we didn’t have it growing up of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    If you have AC I don’t understand not wanting to eat anything hot. Now back when we didn’t have it growing up of course.
    Easy. The ac on my car is out and I’ve not been able to get it into the shop. So I’m driving 45 min each way to work with the windows all the way down in the awful humidity we’ve been having. On diving days, it could be 2 hours each way.

Yppej
    There is a whole no cook trend called girl dinner.

https://people.com/what-is-girl-dinn...-trend-7562024

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    There is a whole no cook trend called girl dinner.

https://people.com/what-is-girl-dinn...-trend-7562024
    That is pretty much how I eat if left to my own devices. I didn't know it was a thing; I just kind of considered it to be grazing for nutrients.

Thread Information