Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Small apartment videos

Small apartment videos

I’ve been down the rabbit hole of watching small apartment videos on YT. Found this one today. I love it! Could totally see living in it.

I look at Tiny apartments, usually in New York City, too. Love them there’s one young person who redecorate tiny apartments for people her age. I’ll see if I can find one of those.

edited to add:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TDtqTo...J0bWVudA%3D%3D

Alexandra is a decorator who works on apartments that are 500 ft.² or less.

I also went down the rabbit hole of tiny New York City apartments and they are wonderful. Not necessarily her Videos, but anything that came up under my search “tiny NYC apartments. “

There are some Japanese ones that are REALLY dinky.

I always like looking at small spaces for inspiration. I like her apartment! It is really functional and airy.

One thing I've noticed in living in a relatively small space is that people are always telling me that I "need" something. I constantly have to tell them that I don't "need" what they think I do, nor do I want it. I consciously decide what to have in my house, and everything has to earn its keep. It's challenging and satisfying at the same time.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

It’s cute and I considered buying a studio downtown that was high up and had a full glass wall with wonderful views. But once my son had me measure off the square footage I realized how small it really was. Some people in our building with studios have enclosed their tiny balconies and then use that as their dining space.

I like to entertain weekly having as many as 5 people over and one friend sleeps over every Friday night. When my son from Vietnam comes home he stays with me and I have other friends that visit from other parts of the country. I wouldn’t be able to do this in a studio.

833 sq ft is as small as I have lived and I wouldn’t want to go smaller. I am enclosing my balcony so that will add 55 sq ft that I can use year round. I am really glad that I didn’t move downtown because they don’t have a noise ordinance so the bars party outside all night and noise travels up. Where I live is very quiet.

I don’t entertain at home. I’ll meet friends for coffee or an occasional meal out. I definitely didn’t like the books on the open shelves in the video I posted as dusting would be an issue, as the condo owner mentioned herself in the video. Since I don’t have a TV, I would probably put work desk in LR, as I use two monitors and the space she has for her work is too small for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Portuguese John Here View Post
    A charming place but it’s not very small.

And very luxe, how luxe is that "apartment", like none I've ever seen (the not small one). These people (first video but maybe both) seem oddly comfortable installing a lot of shelving on a rental.
    Trees don't grow on money

Enjoyed both videos, but does the second actually qualify as "tiny" at a little over 925 square feet? I love all the plants and wish I could do more with plants in my current home.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information