Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tick Bites

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Mammalian protein. That means eggs are taboo as well?
    I wonder, does mammalian also include rabbits? They are mammals but relatively uncommon as food compared to cows (and sheep?). I only ask this since rabbits are the only mammal that I eat. Although even then I only have them if I'm in a restaurant and there's a rabbit dish that sounds appealing, which is well under once per year. I've never cooked a rabbit and wouldn't even know what grocery store (if any) around here might sell them.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Mammalian protein. That means eggs are taboo as well?
    But related. I wonder about cheese and other mammal dairy products. There's certainly protein in those.

He was told not to eat any more mammalian meat, so no rabbit. But he does eat cheese and ice cream and no problem. Not sure why since as you point out, those are also protein.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    He was told not to eat any more mammalian meat, so no rabbit. But he does eat cheese and ice cream and no problem. Not sure why since as you point out, those are also protein.
    Fascinating. Thanks for responding. If I ever get infected with alpha gal I suppose I'll find out months/years later when I randomly order rabbit for dinner at some restaurant when we're on vacation...

Thread Information