Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden Based Air Conditioning Issues Upcoming.....

I think it's FALSE to interpret a crack down on hyrdroflourocarbons as a crackdown on A/C. Because I believe there are newer A/C technologies without that. Now I'm not saying we all have them now, I live in an ancient apartment why would I have anything new and high tech in my building. I rather wish someone would force them to upgrade my apartment, but that is also not how anything tends to work, it tends to be only new installations/products.

Reading that EPA articles is on the face of it very impressive, maybe it's not as good as it seems, but on the face of it. That's the kind of policy we should have for ALL greenhouse gasses (not just hyrdoflurocarbons), yea I know there's a treaty for that and there isn't really for C02. But the approach makes sense.

And yes if you are watching/reading Fox news, it's the junk food of news. Although honestly maybe I am being a bit too hard on Fox *news* here, as I see that is clearly labeled as an opinion column, meaning it's not even labeled a news article and even pretending to be objective. So although Fox has been in court for falsehoods, in this case it would be silly to even expect it to have any standards, as it's an opinion column, so it can be entirely made up.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Air conditioning is akin to water in Phoenix - it is life. Or at least very necessary to have any civilized kind of life.
    One might ask about the wisdom of living in a hostile environment that requires air conditioning and importing water.

Well, time will solve that problem. Ask the Hohokam.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    One might ask about the wisdom of living in a hostile environment that requires air conditioning and importing water.

Well, time will solve that problem. Ask the Hohokam.
    I've thought if I ever moved to the arid SW (not bloody likely) that I would rent, so that I could bug out when the water inevitably dried up.

The contrast with the EPA write up is just fascinating. You have an actual bipartisan bill (don't know the vote total but this was cosponsored by a Republican so it's fair to call it that), you have trade associations weighing in in favor of the phase out. You have international law on this ratified in the U.S. by the Senate. It's so by the book and consensus based it hurts. But it can maybe make a difference.

And then you have screaming about Biden as if it even was all Biden, true it needs enforcement and that is the EPA which does fall under Biden. But it was never all Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    And then you have screaming about Biden as if it even was all Biden, true it needs enforcement and that is the EPA which does fall under Biden. But it was never all Biden.
    The EPA. Ah yes, that creation of the famous woke liberal Nixon.

destruction.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Why deflect Rob’s concern? It is almost as if you don’t want discussion of this latest Biden directive.
    Did you read what I sent? fox "news" is not a reliable source of information.

But I suspect a lot of publications don't apply much fact checking to opinion pieces. Maybe it just seems so

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Did you read what I sent? fox "news" is not a reliable source of information.
    What is incorrect or unreliable in the opinion piece Rob linked?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    What is incorrect or unreliable in the opinion piece Rob linked?
    Well, to start with, the headline is a bit questionable...

"Biden's new crackdown on another appliance".

Thread Information