Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Biden Based Air Conditioning Issues Upcoming.....

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    IL, your auto signature is cracking me up..

I have to keep myself entertained, so I’m glad you like it too.
    I am not a serious person.

Iris, If you push the pause button, open the lid, check the water lever, close the lid, push the pause button again it stops it again. You can do this lots of times. It seems to be filled after 5 minutes, I use deep wash setting on all my loads of wash. Good luck and happy soaking!!!

My machine is easy - simply leave the lid open. The machine will fill but will not start running until the lid is closed.

Oh, mine is a top-load, not a front load. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

People are silly. One of the neighbors in my complex (mixed apartment style condos with some townhouses) is on a crusade to get everyone to replace their gas furnaces and water heaters with electric heat pumps/mini split systems and electric tankless water heaters. Kitchen ranges are electric as are the clothes dryers. Also trying to get electric vehicle chargers installed.

It’s particularly silly since according to my limited understanding electrical service would have to be upgraded massively and that’s not going to happen in a multi family development from the early 1980s. If this person wants such things, she should move to her own house, not a condo.
    Last edited by Tradd; 8-11-23 at 7:45pm.

We’re considering a heat pump water heater when our current one needs replacing which hopefully won’t be for a while. It’s our only gas appliance now that we replaced the gas furnace with a heat pump so the $15 monthly fee for gas service makes the current water heater really expensive to operate. Especially since SO is now showering at the gym five days a week so our hot water usage is really low.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    We’re considering a heat pump water heater when our current one needs replacing which hopefully won’t be for a while. It’s our only gas appliance now that we replaced the gas furnace with a heat pump so the $15 monthly fee for gas service makes the current water heater really expensive to operate. Especially since SO is now showering at the gym five days a week so our hot water usage is really low.
    My gas furnace was just replaced last year.

That does sound like it would be a good choice for your situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    My gas furnace was just replaced last year.

That does sound like it would be a good choice for your situation.
    I’m looking forward to winter. My math found that the heat pump will be quite a bit cheaper than the old old gas furnace so I hope that really happens. And since most of our development still has the original gas furnaces (with our climate they last a long time since they don’t have to work too hard) strain on the grid shouldn’t be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I’m looking forward to winter. My math found that the heat pump will be quite a bit cheaper than the old old gas furnace so I hope that really happens. And since most of our development still has the original gas furnaces (with our climate they last a long time since they don’t have to work too hard) strain on the grid shouldn’t be an issue.
    Haha. My unit still had the original one from the early 80s! I had babied it for a few years and then in Jan 2022, it broke and couldn’t be fixed. I went through the rest of the winter with a couple of electric heaters that I only used when home. It never dropped below 53 inside. I happen to like cold and got along just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Haha. My unit still had the original one from the early 80s! I had babied it for a few years and then in Jan 2022, it broke and couldn’t be fixed. I went through the rest of the winter with a couple of electric heaters that I only used when home. It never dropped below 53 inside. I happen to like cold and got along just fine.
    Yeah, ours was the original from 1978. It hadn't broken but I figured we'd gotten really lucky to get through 3 winters with nothing more than an annual checkup to make sure it wasn't going to asphyxiate us or burn the house down. And I didn't want to be panic buying a $20,000 home improvement so this spring we got several quotes, picked the best one, and then had it installed in May when we don't need heat or a/c.

If you lived here you could probably live without heat but you would need a/c for the summer. Today only got up to around 80 outside so inside in the SW facing upstairs bedrooms its 77 currently. Downstairs is still 72. It gets down in the 50's most nights in summer so putting fans in the windows all night and closing everything in the morning means that we start the day in the mid/upper-60's inside and slowly warm up as the day progresses.

File under "first world problems" or more specifically: "first world problems of the 1%"

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cheapes...?mod=wknd_pos1
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information