Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodwill permanently closes fitting rooms

Goodwill permanently closes fitting rooms

At least in my state, they have made the decision to permanently close all Goodwill fitting rooms due to theft, drug use and vandalism. So if I shop there, I will have to take clothes home and return for store credit. Too much hassle so I won't be going there very often anymore. Too bad misfits ruin it for everyone else.

Now that you mention it, I can see that the brand new Goodwill store I love nearest me has no fitting rooms. That’s OK, I can judge the fit of things by eyeballing them. But yeah, that’s got to be a problem

Now I wonder if the other Goodwill store has fitting rooms. As I think about it, I think they did remove him. And the St. vincent DePaul store never had fitting rooms. I guess I just didn’t think about it since I haven’t used Goodwill fitting rooms in forever.

I never used fitting rooms, but I occasionally used a tape measure. I generally employed Iris Lily's method, or went by the size. I'm not fond of a "body-con" fit, so I rarely judge wrong.

I hate fitting rooms. I'm phobic about them. I'll try a blouse or button up over my clothes in the aisle. I use the waistband around my neck trick for skirts and trousers and that works.

I always try on clothes. It may look nice on the hanger but not necessarily on me. I hate shopping on line for this reason.

I'm another who always tries on clothes. My favorite independent thrift stores have reopened their dressing rooms. I don't know about Goodwill or SA, since I haven't been to either recently. I think Saver's removed theirs completely, as well as moving to a complete self-service checkout setup.

Yppej
    Safe injection sites could cut down on the dressing rooms being shooting galleries as well as library bathrooms and a few other places.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiam View Post
    I hate fitting rooms. I'm phobic about them. I'll try a blouse or button up over my clothes in the aisle. I use the waistband around my neck trick for skirts and trousers and that works.
    I've never heard of the "waistband around my neck trick". What is that?
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I've heard that some thrifters wear a close-fitting under-layer and just try clothes on over that.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    One thing I do find annoying about the sold by weight Goodwill in Nogales I go on and on about? There are no electrical outlets on the floor to test anything. Everything is so cheap that it's no big financial loss to get a dud.....but it does seem to create waste in the sense that said dud might be wiser placed in a developing country where things are repaired and not replaced. Rob

Thread Information