Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Latest house project - front porch

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Gorgeous pool in a beautiful setting! I love the shape of the pool, and there's a lot of room for seating! Do you have any plans for landscaping? Do you have to build a fence around it?
    Well, on the landscaping the first thing we have to do is get about a ton of grass seed onto the mountain of dirt we've distributed over a nearly half acre of back yard, then build a retaining wall to separate the higher elevation on the left hand side from the pool. After that, we need to decide on what type of structure or screen to hide the mechanicals (pump, sand filter, electrical panel, heat pump & salt based chlorine generator) from view. The rest of the landscaping will wait till spring but probably consist of container based plants of some kind distributed around the perimeter of concrete decking, or, something completely different if my wife decides so.

No other fencing is required since the entire back yard is surrounded by split rail fencing, you just can't see it very well due to all the plant and tree encroachment from the other side. I'll probably trim a lot of that back over the fall (I've actually been putting that off for some time).
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

It's beautiful, Alan!

Nice pool, Alan! Looks like an area that will give you all years of enjoyment.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Well, on the landscaping the first thing we have to do is get about a ton of grass seed onto the mountain of dirt we've distributed over a nearly half acre of back yard, then build a retaining wall to separate the higher elevation on the left hand side from the pool. After that, we need to decide on what type of structure or screen to hide the mechanicals (pump, sand filter, electrical panel, heat pump & salt based chlorine generator) from view. The rest of the landscaping will wait till spring but probably consist of container based plants of some kind distributed around the perimeter of concrete decking, or, something completely different if my wife decides so.

No other fencing is required since the entire back yard is surrounded by split rail fencing, you just can't see it very well due to all the plant and tree encroachment from the other side. I'll probably trim a lot of that back over the fall (I've actually been putting that off for some time).
    We want a photo when it is all done!
    I am not a serious person.

Looks lovely Alan.

The pool will provide years of fun with your grandkids!!

That pool looks great! If we lived somewhere like Phoenix or Palm Springs I would totally want one. As it is we own 1/46th of one and someone else manages the maintenance of it. We use it maybe 5-7 times each summer. If we had our own I’m sure we’d use it more often. Labor Day a year ago it got to 115 degrees. Our hoa pool that we usually have to ourselves was mobbed with people and a fun time for all.

The scaffolding platform for the skylight install got taken down Friday. Here's the before and after of what it looks like inside now. Both pics were taken during the afternoon.

before.jpg
    after.jpg

What wonderful light!

Oh, that is much nicer with all that light.

Thread Information