Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which podcasts have you been listening to?

Cup of Justice - from the folks who pushed for investigation of the Alex Murdaugh family
    The Bible for Normal People
    Unf*ck Your Brain - feminist lawyer turned life coach
    Sincerely, Fortune - Fortune Feimster
    Madigdan's Pubcast - Kathleen Madigan
    Scared to Death - scary stories about the paranormal. True? maybe, hard to say.
    The Evolving Faith podcast - Sarah Bessey
    Mobituaries - Mo Rocca
    Occasional podcasts on the Enneagram
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    oh, interesting! I love The Moth and This American Life and I would like Ira Glass to take all these young Podcasters in hand and teach them how to produce a podcast professionally, and in a “polished” way! Sooooo many of them are in dire need of editing, they put out seven episodes when Ira would’ve covered the topic in three.

I've listened to Sam Harris. I like him. He is absolutely apoplectic about Donald Trump becoming the next president. I kind of enjoy him getting riled up.
    Maybe my memory is rusty, but it seems like the Moth used to feature every day people off the street telling a story that they've worked up. Now it seems mostly professional entertainers of some sort, like comedy clubs or writers. But maybe it's just worn out it's novelty, like Lake Wobegon. I wonder where Garrison Keillor is these days. I went to a dinner party a while back where everyone was supposed to tell a Moth Radio like story. It was sort of fun.

Sam Harris can do a very satisfying rant on Trump.

Also Cup of Justice, thanks Beckyliz, because I watched every day of that trial and found out the murderer is related to my cousin.

Just started Chasing Cosby, which is real good.

I love listening to the BBC. This is a comedy podcast that looks at history. You’re Dead to Me. Airs on Radio 4

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/p...n=share-mobile

The People’s Pharmacy
    The Darin Olien Show
    The Rest of the Story Revisited/Paul Harvey … not recently

I think the ballet and the nuns would put me into a coma.
    I'm not much for podcasts. I will always choose to read over watching or listening. Doing an activity that doesn't permit reading is when I think my great thoughts, lol.
    I recently wrote down "Zoe science and nutrition podcast" as something that might interest me while knowing that I will probably never listen to it. That just seems to be how I roll.

History Rage - in which various historians rant about the misconceptions about some area of history.

The Free Will Show - in which various philosophers and others discuss various aspects of the problem of free will. I don’t know why I find it so interesting. Maybe I don’t have a choice.

The Remnant - Jonah Goldberg’s opinion on everything. Many, many interesting guests.

The C Charles Cooke Podcast - one of my favorite pundits talks with interesting people.

The Lubbers Hole - for fans of Patrick O’Brian’s novels. Goes into fascinating tangents with experts on artillery, Jane Austen, nutritional deficiencies and finance.

Empire - covers the growth and dissolution of various empires without the incessant woke moralizing or white man’s burden justifying you so often see. I was a little surprised to see how often the British could descend to barbarism worthy of the Mongols when it suited their purposes.

Half Arsed History - discusses some little known but utterly ridiculous historical events.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post

The Free Will Show - in which various philosophers and others discuss various aspects of the problem of free will. I don’t know why I find it so interesting. Maybe I don’t have a choice.
    I see what you did there!
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I think the ballet and the nuns would put me into a coma.
    I'm not much for podcasts. I will always choose to read over watching or listening. Doing an activity that doesn't permit reading is when I think my great thoughts, lol.
    I recently wrote down "Zoe science and nutrition podcast" as something that might interest me while knowing that I will probably never listen to it. That just seems to be how I roll.
    I completed the podcast about nuns. The second season was about ballerinas.

Both were presented using post modern analysis where Mother Teresa is no saint, George Balanchine is a letch, etc. The podcast authors showed many of the social problems with mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity as well as the New York City ballet. It was presented in interviews with many participants in both institutions

But my characterization isn’t really fair because the podcasts were thoughtful, and I enjoyed hearing them.
    I am not a serious person.

Okay--now and then I listen to Red Ice Radio featuring Henrik and Lana. They've been hard at it, but it is difficult generating a steady stream of quality content, when they operate on a tight budget. But, I like 'em. They are definitely the cynics' cynics. Yup

Thread Information