Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: September purge

IL, The deer eat the hostas in that same flower bed but have never munched on the clethra.

I gave my Dil a bunch of gold and diamond jewelry and sold most of the rest since gold is high. I kept my favorite pieces to wear but without working just wasn’t wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I gave my Dil a bunch of gold and diamond jewelry and sold most of the rest since gold is high. I kept my favorite pieces to wear but without working just wasn’t wearing it.
    Way to go! I love it that you are giving it to her and she can wear it now, and you keep what you actually wear!

Took a bunch of keys that I have no idea what they unlocked off my keychain. Didn't toss them just in case I do find what they unlock but at least now I don't have to fumble through a bunch of keys to find my house key.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    " I made sure it would look cute like that before I tossed the body and it did."

That's what she said, on "Snapped"

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Way to go! I love it that you are giving it to her and she can wear it now, and you keep what you actually wear!
    My Dil was very excited and I let her pick what she wanted after I took out my favorite pieces. If I had grandchildren I would have saved what I sold for them but that’s not happening.

This talk of passing on gold jewelry reminds me of a pair of gold (probably just gold filled?) Victorian earrings from my mother’s side of the family. They were screw back earrings. I wanted to convert them to something that would work for pierced ears because screws back HURT.

But my mom said “oh no! That would ruin them!” So the dumb things sat around for years with no one wearing them.

But when my mother died, I had a jeweler change then to pierced earrings and they are quite nice. And now useful.
    sorry, Mom!
    I am not a serious person.

gold jewelry
    DHs father left him a gaudy gold ring with three largish diamonds and it has been sitting in a box for years now. I suggested we have new wedding bands made from it (I'll take the diamonds please) so at least they are being worn. Although having a bunch of jewelry around I never wear feels like clutter, I figure the grand-daughters might like looking through it someday. It all fits in one container so not a big deal to keep.

Sold a pair of boots on Poshmark.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    DHs father left him a gaudy gold ring with three largish diamonds and it has been sitting in a box for years now. I suggested we have new wedding bands made from it (I'll take the diamonds please) so at least they are being worn. Although having a bunch of jewelry around I never wear feels like clutter, I figure the grand-daughters might like looking through it someday. It all fits in one container so not a big deal to keep.
    If it is a big gold ring you should see how much you could get for it. Gold is high. The diamonds are likely near worthless.
    I am not a serious person.

Thread Information