Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September frugals

September frugals

A new month!

I cancelled my week long trip to Mexico for cave diving. Things feel really uncertain at work now (and I’m looking for a new job).I still had to come up with about $1500 for diving fees and other things. I got a full refund of the almost $700 for my Airbnb rental and I have a flight credit with American. That’s a lot of financial stress off me.

I’ve been clearing out spare dive stuff I didn’t need and I’ve sold about $450 worth of stuff in the past week.

Yppej
    This week is a low cost staycation. I am doing fun to me things like to hear presidential candidates speak which is only the gas to get there and back.

Are you going to hear Nikki Haley?

Well the bad news is that I am spending hundreds of dollars on plants, but the good news is that I got free shipping on two large orders, and the shipping for each would have been over $30.
    We have an upcoming vacation in the Berkshires, and I was able to book 3 nights at a timeshare resort for $120. We belong to an IHG loyalty program and the resort is a Holiday Inn property. (As an aside, the rate was pretty affordable even without the loyalty program, so why would one ever buy into one of these places?) We are then spending 3 nights at a pricier inn that we've wanted to try, but the savings on the one balances out the other. We also are saving 10% on the inn with our Trustees of Reservations membership (a organization that conserves nature areas and historical properties and gardens).

Why is it bad news to spend hundreds of dollars on plants? I do not grok, no Comprende.
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Why is it bad news to spend hundreds of dollars on plants? I do not grok, no Comprende.
    I agree that there is no more virtuous expenditure, but this is the Frugals Forum, so I feel I must at least acknowledge the extravagance. Then again, our garden gives us enormous pleasure and we pay off our credit cards every month, and we could be spending all our money on hookers and blow . . .

Too funny, rr.

Tradd, sorry you ended up cancelling your diving trip, but totally understandable considering the job situation going on right now. Hopefully you will be able to reschedule.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Wanted a new fall jacket and kept looking as I was not finding them or only at $110 plus. Got one for $29.99 at Macy's Last Act.

Nice score, Jeppy.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Are you going to hear Nikki Haley?
    Yes, I went.

Thread Information