Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fall Challenge

Yppej
    I never did volunteer for a campaign in the traditional sense, though I got info for several who requested it. The election is over and we threw one bum out but have a bunch left. Onward and upward.

Pre Thanksgiving update

Distribute vacation gifts between now and Christmas. 70% done
    Write evaluation of trip for our tour company contact done
    Go through summer clothing to donate or store in progress
    Get blankets out of storage done
    Air out the duvet done
    Finish knitting scarf in progress
    Pull out winter gear in progress

Given souvenirs to local friends and mailed others to out of town relatives. Rest will be given in person on Christmas Day. I need to wrap them before then. Blankets are out, aired, and folded at the foot of the bed. Weather is a bit warm so we haven't needed them much. Sorted summer gear and put what doesn't fit or I haven't worn on the Buy Nothing Group. Pulled out the wool socks and fleece lined leggings, still too warm for sweaters.

Update:
    1. Do another crafts fair on 12/2 - Done
    2. Hire someone to repair or replace a rotted sill in our basement - Not yet
    3. Meet with attorney regarding Mom's affairs (make sure we have all necessary documents in place, etc.) - Not yet
    4. Arrange a new "lock box" for Mom's house through the fire dept. We have one through her emergency alert company, but when she accidentally pressed the button for help last weekend, the company did not provide the lock box code when they called 911. Luckily a neighbor saw the FD, went over, and called me and I provided the code. Mom was fine and watching TV, so I'm especially glad they didn't have to break the door down. Fireman told neighbor I can have them install a lock box for which they would have the key. - Nope. Decided not to go ahead with this one and actually cancelled the service. I was there recently when the alert was triggered and neither of us had done anything. When the agent came on, it was so difficult to understand them, and if I hadn't been there, Mom would never have understood or responded appropriately. Discussed with Sis and DH, and we agreed that Mom would be very unlikely to think to press the help button in an emergency anyway, so the service was more of a liability than an asset.
    5. Declutter linens and bedroom drawers (I already did some clothing drawers when I did the closet, but I want to do a thorough review and cull) - Done
    6. Outdoor seasonal - empty planters, put away hammock, drain & store hoses, etc - Done

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I have some fun things this season:

1. Use up the rest of my vacation time, leaving just my floaters for inclement winter weather. Done
    2. Hear more presidential candidates speak. Done
    3. Celebrate family birthdays and Thanksgiving. This is most challenging for my parents who are limited in their celebrations due to their age and dietary restrictions. Done
    4. Volunteer for a local candidate - if my favorite makes it out of the mayoral primary for them, otherwise for a council candidate. Did informally for a mayoral candidate
    5. Stay on budget at least one of the months to meet my yearly goal of doing so 9 months out of the year. Have only missed one so far, but home heating oil season is upon us.Will hit barring a disaster this weekend
    6. Try to resolve and wind up the 14 open complaints I have pertaining to the City, starting with one phone call I have scheduled for this afternoon. Down to 3; have a few new records requests open but no new complaints
    7. Block a planned Communist farm in my city which the organizers want the taxpayers to fund but not let them use if they were born in the US. Yes, truth is stranger than fiction. Done
    8. Hike every month until the snow flies.
    Done

Final update

Distribute vacation gifts between now and Christmas. done
    Write evaluation of trip for our tour company contact done
    Go through summer clothing to donate or store done
    Get blankets out of storage done
    Air out the duvet done
    Finish knitting scarf in progress
    Pull out winter gear done

Happy New Year, everyone. Didn't finish the scarf on time due to a surprise and lucrative commission. Scarf is for me so no big deal.

by December 31:

1. Record spending every day in November and December.
    About 85% recorded
    2. Use Everydollar budget thoroughly for November and December then evaluate if I like it or want to try a new one.
    Will do another month

3. Finish knitting two scarves for kids.
    Done

4. Reorganize major storage spaces in house and hopefully get rid of some stuff. But at least know what's in there.:
    Not really

5. Complete Christmas shopping.
    Done

6. Wrap and send Christmas presents to family.
    Done

7. Buy Christmas cards, write, and send.
    Done

8. Decorate for Christmas.
    Done

9. Finish all 4 fall classes.

​Done

Thread Information