Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: October purge

I just gave away a set of cocktail glasses via my local FB giving page. I also dropped off a bag of miscellaneous stuff to the thrift store yesterday.

Three bags of stuff to the Goodwill including some jigsaw puzzles that just don't appeal to me that much and came from there in the first place. Can't even remember what else was in there.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Iris this was definitely worth it. Lots of really old good stuff found that had tremendous family value. We found money in books, boxes, envelopes etc. in a box labeled linens I found really old silver wrapped in the linens that was sold for $2000. BIL has a brother who does estate sales so he’s been giving us advice on what to keep and where to sell it. Plus we really had fun.
    today some of the grandkids are there and sent pics of them dressed in some vintage clothing from the attic. It is the newer stuff, like plastic containers that was on the surface.

im sorry it was hidden away for so long.

But how great that you are all coming together to go through this, and all benefitting. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Iris this was definitely worth it. Lots of really old good stuff found that had tremendous family value. We found money in books, boxes, envelopes etc. in a box labeled linens I found really old silver wrapped in the linens that was sold for $2000. BIL has a brother who does estate sales so he’s been giving us advice on what to keep and where to sell it. Plus we really had fun.
    today some of the grandkids are there and sent pics of them dressed in some vintage clothing from the attic. It is the newer stuff, like plastic containers that was on the surface.

im sorry it was hidden away for so long.
    that’s good then. I did think about the old relatives who hide money in books, that is difficult to deal with. Also, sterling is always worth selling regardless of the fluctuations in the silver market. It’s just that so many people think their silverplate utensils are worth something and they are not, or they will offer up grandma’s diamond ring as the thing worth money when really it’s that old sterling silver put away in the drawers that’s worth the money.
    I am not a serious person.

Yppej
    A pair of shoes will go in the trash tonight. They are stretched out of shape and the cardboard innards that give it shape are poking through into the shoe.

I have 2 more bags ready for the thrift store. I also cleaned out the shed yesterday and have 3 bags for the trash and a bunch of retired birdfeeders to give away.

2/3 of the gutters are cleared of Norway maple helicopters....I called the tree guy today to see about taking the dang tree down!

Got rid of the keyboard/mouse I didn’t like after spending a day at home working on it. Someone on Buy Nothing group was asking for one shortly before I posted mine so it went quick. Replaced it with the same model I bought for use in the office. Much better.

Quote Originally Posted by nswef View Post
    2/3 of the gutters are cleared of Norway maple helicopters....I called the tree guy today to see about taking the dang tree down!
    We had one of those gutter guard systems put on last year. I was SHOCKED that DH agreed to it since WE MUST DO EVERYTHING OURSELVES. Ugh.

But I mentioned to him all of the old men who fall off ladders when they are cleaning gutters, and perhaps that made an impression.

Anyway, I am waiting to see how well these gutter guards work. One of our friends has them on his house and swears by them.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 10-13-23 at 3:22pm.
    I am not a serious person.

Thread Information