Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dental issues - how to proceed

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Frugal, I'd like more info on getting dental work in Mexico--like I don't want to drive to Mexico, for example, so how could I get work and stay in Texas and is there a shuttle? How long do you have to be down there to get work done? I need some implants.
    As someone who has over 35+in the dental field and watched my mom go to a Mexican dental office, I would say absolutely no. She had a three unit bridge done. The shade/ color match was amazing. But the margins were an embarrassment to the world wide dental community. Sure enough, the bridge failed after two years , due to the bad margins

DH went to a dentist in the US who did shoddy work. That can happen anywhere. DH had a bridge made by the dentist in Mexico and he forgets he has it in. It fits perfectly. This was 3 years ago already. Some people we talk to have been going to this clinic for over 20 years. YLMV

There are bad dentists everywhere. DH opted to stay with dentist and have the three crowns. One down, two to go. She was just nominated as best dentist in the city so lack of skill is not an issue. The Mexican thing would be considered if we still lived in Tx but travel expenses would quickly eat up some of the savings but if problems came up, then what?

Thread Information