Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which Celebrities Do You Kids Worship?

Which Celebrities Do You Kids Worship?

But yeah----you can post a top-ten list, if you prefer.

Fewer and fewer as I get older. I used to be a diehard Beatlemaniac, but I don't "worship" them anymore. If I were to name one celebrity I admire, by all reports, Keanu Reeves is a good person, and he's a great actor besides.

I am more prone to greatly admire celebrities in non-entertainment categories: If I just choose living people, I'd go with Jane Goodall, Malala Yousafzai, Bernie Sanders, Jimmy Carter, Yves Chouinard, Robin Wall Kimmerer.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Pretty much all my favorite celebrities are dead.

Yeah--just think--two beatpools, 3 monkees, two stones, and alla the Rat Pack. Very sad. Yup

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Pretty much all my favorite celebrities are dead.
    And now we have Matthew Perry, truly a witty guy, dead. I feel like sending a condolence card to Janice.
    I am not a serious person.

Ken Burns, Morgan Freeman, Tom Hanks, and Carole King come to mind, although I’m not big on celebrity worship. It’s been rough on musicians of my era. I think as a group their life expectancy is shorter than average. It’s good to know Neil Young is still rocking the free world. I’m not sure if Jimmy Carter qualifies as a celebrity, but I do admire him.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

RGB, albeit not a celebrity and also deceased.

None really because most seem to feel they are entitled just because they exist. They also seem to think that us little people care what they think about stuff and/or should live our lives as they tell us we should.

I don't do worship.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    But yeah----you can post a top-ten list, if you prefer.
    I don't worship imaginary beings, why would I worship someone? What defines a celebrity?

We have a friend/former professional baseball player, that once asked a coworker/kid/ nearly stepkid, to participate in a golf tournament. It was a celebrity golf tournament and the coworker and my late boss (his stepdad), started wondering about the celebrities, and who they would get hooked up with. Our friend then said, "I am the celebrity".

That is kind of the way we view several "celebrities" we know, they are just people.

Now my 6 degree's of separation, does put me within two degree's of quite a few "celebs". Here a while back, a friend was in with some music people he was working with, and I was visiting with him, while standing less then six inches from some country music singer. (met several, but not a country music fan, so really don't know many/who they are).
    Late coworker, freaked when she found out and couldn't believe I didn't know her music.

Thread Information