Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Where do you stand on leftovers?

I don't usually have leftovers, the food is eaten right out of the hot pot. Sometimes though, specially on Sunday, there are some leftovers: rice, potatoes, some meat, when my mom cooks duck rice, there's always leftovers, because she cooks a lot. The leftovers, we eat for dinner; to my taste, the flavors get right, the food tastes even better, although, my father and sister, don't feel the same, and I can't say that doesn't make me mad, because it does, I feel it's a lack of sensitivity and gratitude on their part. For work, since I like whole grain rice, and whole grain rice takes longer to prepare and then cook, when I cook it, I make sure I'm cooking it for at least three portions. The rest of the food I take for lunch at work, they're all fresh by their nature, it's mainly vegetables, cabbage, leek, onions, mushrooms, canned sardines or tuna, if not rice to complement everything, chickpeas or beans right off the can already cooked.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    My daughter gave me this awesome thing--SouperCubes. Learned last week that it was also a Shark Tank product, but it really is great for saving homemade stocks and broths.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=souper+cu...l_22mt3y23dq_e
    I just got back from shopping at Aldi's and while there I saw a similar container (looks like the yellow one in your link). I decided to get it based on this discussion - thanks! Each section is 1/2 cup and it was only $5 - Definitely worth a try. Thanks again!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information