Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's latest....

Yppej
    The economy is worse under Biden and he could also start World War III.

I would say there’s about a seventy percent probability of another Biden term, provided there are no mental lapses so blatant that even the media can’t paper over before next November. I think Trump is just too damaged and preoccupied with lawfare. Maybe an outside chance a figure like Nikki Haley can make a series of deals and become the GOP front runner.

I think the likeliest outcome will be Biden’s handlers rolling him out a a sort of animatronic figure for 3-4 years. Sort of like the last years of the Wilson Administration.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Astrid has already said myself and SO can go into hiding (over there) if necessary and I have places I can stay in Mexico. I am making no moves at the moment but given my utter distrust of this country I can see where a quick move may be necc depending on the election outcome. Gotta say I have never been this afraid of the United States in my life - but at least I have places to run to where I am welcome. Do you? Rob
    I guess you're in good company since I hear that both Barbara Streisand and Cher are planning to leave the country if Trump is re-elected, although I'm pretty sure they've both made that promise before without following through. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish between real commitments and ideological virtue signaling, I guess time will tell.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I guess you're in good company since I hear that both Barbara Streisand and Cher are planning to leave the country if Trump is re-elected, although I'm pretty sure they've both made that promise before without following through. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish between real commitments and ideological virtue signaling, I guess time will tell.
    I take it then that you find the military being weaponized against peaceful protestors is acceptable to you? That Trump weaponizing the FBI and the DOJ to prosecute his opponents is acceptable to you? That Trump referring to those on the left as "vermin" - yes he did use this word twice. This is acceptable to you?

You get to believe as you wish, Alan. All I'm going to say is this country is getting too 1930's Germany for me. I deserve better as do most people I know. Your acceptance of Trump's wanna be dictator rhetoric? The nicest thing I can say is I now strongly hope this country splits up - it's too much for me to be surrounded by people who accept Trump's latest and it can't be easy for such people to be surrounded by the likes of me.

I no longer believe it's in this country's best interests to remain intact. Do you believe another 4 years of Trump would hasten such a split - truly a gift for us all? Personally with Cher's and Striesand's money, they could live wherever they please. What is important is that the little people who are not authoritarian types have a quick safe exit from this country/mentality that has been so monstrous in the past (I refer you to my Homeland - a former authoritarian nation, and it's involvement in the Holocaust).....little people need access to some way to flee - or some rough schedule of this country's split. Business as usual no longer works - Trump crossed major lines with his new authoritarian plans - what eventual monstrous evil will said plans accelerate to?

At any rate, no snark to you, Alan. I wish you and yours a good life in the half of America I could never live in. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Opposed to Trump dismantling the rule of law/US society as we know it to create an authoritarian state with minimal rights for the peons? I'll take Biden to protect basic human rights for $500, Mr. Trebek. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I would say there’s about a seventy percent probability of another Biden term, provided there are no mental lapses so blatant that even the media can’t paper over before next November. I think Trump is just too damaged and preoccupied with lawfare. Maybe an outside chance a figure like Nikki Haley can make a series of deals and become the GOP front runner.

I think the likeliest outcome will be Biden’s handlers rolling him out a a sort of animatronic figure for 3-4 years. Sort of like the last years of the Wilson Administration.
    I hope you're right! I would like to see Nikki Haley as the front runner for sure. I think she performed wonderfully in the debates. While I don't agree with her on core GOP issues (abortion, healthcare, corporate tax), I think she is reasonable, respectable, can seemingly stand up to her detractors sharply but with poise.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I take it then that you find the military being weaponized against peaceful protestors is acceptable to you? That Trump weaponizing the FBI and the DOJ to prosecute his opponents is acceptable to you? That Trump referring to those on the left as "vermin" - yes he did use this word twice. This is acceptable to you?
    LOL, I stopped paying attention to things Trump says some time ago so I'm not sure if I find whatever you're referencing to be acceptable or not. I did read somewhere that he's suggested that if it's acceptable to weaponize the DOJ and various states AG's against him then it might be justified to return the favor. Is that what you're referencing? If not, let me know what he's said and I'll let you know what I think without you having to speculate.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    In your opinion… nothing supports this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    LOL, I stopped paying attention to things Trump says some time ago so I'm not sure if I find whatever you're referencing to be acceptable or not. I did read somewhere that he's suggested that if it's acceptable to weaponize the DOJ and various states AG's against him then it might be justified to return the favor. Is that what you're referencing? If not, let me know what he's said and I'll let you know what I think without you having to speculate.
    That is the problem….. suppose you will vote for him then too.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    That is the problem….. suppose you will vote for him then too.
    Thank You, Frugal One. You obviously get it. Just remember - we are far from being alone. Rob

Thread Information