Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Social Security Projection Up

MA uses the same system for regular ACA and Mass Health (Medicaid). Its not difficult to navigate and there typically is only a limited set of options available to any particular zip code. The first year I had to send a letter saying I left the workforce mid year to explain my lower than projected income but otherwise at most they'll ask for latest tax return. The folks on the phone have mostly been helpful as well.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    MA uses the same system for regular ACA and Mass Health (Medicaid). Its not difficult to navigate and there typically is only a limited set of options available to any particular zip code. The first year I had to send a letter saying I left the workforce mid year to explain my lower than projected income but otherwise at most they'll ask for latest tax return. The folks on the phone have mostly been helpful as well.
    Did you receive a subsidy? I see plans from $579 on over $2000 a month on the state's website. Currently I pay $80 a month as employee portion of premiums with a $400 deductible, so without a subsidy these costs are daunting to me. Even the low end would be a third of my monthly Social Security payment.

Yes i get a subsidy as our income is under the 65k threshold. Next year's cost went down substantially ( after increasing substantially this year.). The plans available to me range from 100-500 dollars a month. Not all of the area providers accept the cheapest insurance (but my provider does) so sometimes there is that tradeoff.

Thread Information