Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Light bulbs?

I noticed some online said anti-flicker so maybe it is something with cheaper ones. In any case, I bought some soft/warm white ones yesterday that were about $2.50 each. We have daylight ones currently in some spots and they have a bluish cast I don't like. Perhaps in twenty years, I will ask again.

Our LED bulbs have all lasted forever with no sign of failing. I don’t worry about the cost.

HATE that blue light of some LED bulbs -- ugh!, and really miss the traditional soft incandescent light. I always try to get ones that say "soft" and avoid any that say "bright" or "daylight." Mostly I have been buying GE Classic Soft White LED bulbs. They definitely do not last forever though -- they are still burning out and I am replacing them pretty much the same as always. What am I doing wrong?

I thought all good quality LED lights were $3-$5. Granted, I don’t change the lightbulbs in our house so I don’t really keep track of what we have installed and where. But you are telling me that the ones that cost $1-$2 are decent quality?
    Last edited by iris lilies; 12-3-23 at 1:29am.
    I am not a serious person.

I probably paid $20 or something for them, but that was more than a decade ago (when they cost more), and they are still going. I suppose poor electrical wiring might make them burn out faster, only I don't even have particularly new electrical wiring and they are fine. I was burning out halogen lights all over the place when I tried them for awhile before LED and figured it was poor electrical wiring, but I never had problems with LED.
    Trees don't grow on money

Well, I usually look at the following things when buying bulbs:

1. The base. Because it must match the one I want to replace, nowadays, there's I-don't-know-how-many types and sizes.
    2. Comparing the Watts with the Lumens. If I want lots of light, I want higher Lumens, but not with high Watts, the energy bill.
    3. Color temperature. If I want a yellow or white light. Yellow light is for watching TV. White light is to properly see.

When I find the ones I want, I check the prices, and buy the least expensive out there.

In my country, old bulbs are actually illegal, they waste too much energy. The ones that are legal, are used to warm a place, like chickens.

Thread Information