Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: December Purge

Yes, I like this idea of counting, although 5 is proving too hard--am going back to 3, since I'm trying to keep it easy going.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    We went to a fundraising dinner last night and there was the usual auctions. I bought a package deal of edibles. No crapcoming into my house for later disposal from this event.
    That's great Iris. Not letting it into your house in the first place is the best form of "proactive decluttering."

We went up to the attic to spray wet n forget on the outside siding that we could not reach from the ground. I got rid of flies, dust and horrible spider web bodies vacuuming it all up. I moved things...next step getting RID of THINGS.

Got rid of a really really nice tablecloth yesterday--gave it to my daughter in law because it goes better with her dishes. Gave them a cool jigsaw puzzle, and gave my granddaughters a calendar that came in the mail with wildlife photos. Also gave my son a wonderful Erzegebirge candle holder that had been in our house when he was growing up. Might as well pass something along every Christmas while he has children to enjoy them.

Total for yesterday= 4.

I just want to have fewer things, even nice things.

I am having a hard time purging our old refrigerator. Hear me out.

last summer we were inundated with tomatoes. We kept them on the kitchen counter until I could process them, but they attracted fruit flies that stayed around for weeks after the tomatoes were gone. so I’m thinking if we can fit this refrigerator into the garage somehow then put tomatoes in them and flies out of the house.

In this consideration, please know that we also have two other refrigerators down in the basement. Those are pretty much under the control of DH and I’m not sure what’s in them and how much room there is. I think his plan is to get rid of one of them at some point.
    I am not a serious person.

So much inspiration here!

Yesterday, I returned 3 items to Target, gave away 2 items on Buy Nothing, and threw out one too-old item in the fridge. Total for month: 8.

My goal of 234 items for the month seems pretty crazy ambitious at this point, but it is actually. motivating me.

Argh, I hate returning things to stores. Only once in the past year have I returned something to Amazon. But now I have a brand new set of sheets that are the wrong color, the box is mislabeled. And then I have another item that doesn’t work, so I might return that as well.
    I am not a serious person.

Decluttered the utensil drawer and took out the multiples and anything we haven't used. We don't need four rice paddles or too many wooden spoons. Ended up getting rid of 2 plastic grocery bags of stuff and the hand mixer that we stopped using when we received the KitchenAid as a wedding gift.

Being able to open and close the drawer with out having to shove something out of the way is the greatest feeling.

IL, lately my Amazon returns have been at Staples, and they give me a ten dollar off coupon every time I return something, so I buy printer ink there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    IL, lately my Amazon returns have been at Staples, and they give me a ten dollar off coupon every time I return something, so I buy printer ink there.
    I had no clue! I usually go to Whole Foods as it’s the closest to me. Staples closed maybe 5 years ago and was turned into a nice Aldi.

I upgraded my iPhone to a 15 Pro model. That means I no longer have any use for all the Lightning connector cables, plus no use for anything with USB-C now (charging wall blocks and car adapter). I had some nice 10ft long cables, too. Gave it all away to two coworkers. One gal was thrilled she’s able to lay in bed and look at her phone.

Thread Information