Thread: What a mess

What a mess

I know that I dont post often, but today I have to have a place other than FB to get this off my chest.
    Back story: I had a horse that was supposed to be my dream horse. Unfortunately, I had a few health issues and was not the rider I used to be. I have mentioned this a few years ago.
    I sold him at a huge loss, but to what I thought was a good home. The gal that I sold him to, gave him to a friend who is not very horse savvy. and the horse moved to TX But he was being fed and cared for. Fast forward to yesterday. I received a screen shot from a friend for an auction and Cooper was listed in the catalog. I texted the gal who was supposed to have him and ask why he was for sale. She said he wasn't for sale, but leased out.
    Well the leasee sold him without permission. The current owner who is the one selling him and had no idea that he belonged to someone else. And to complicate things, the woman I originally sold to never sent his registration papers to her friend.
    The auction house was notified that he was stolen. the current owner is working with the gal who he was with. The leasee has blocked everyone including the auction house.
    There has been a report filed with the law enforcement. The horse is very very recognizable as he has an unusual coat pattern. I don't know why this person that was leasing him thought she could get away with selling him. The horse world is extremely small. My friend who saw him and sent the screenshot lives in OR, I live in WA and the horse is in TX
    Sorry that this is so jumbled, but at least Jeppy will have fun with my post

Yikes. So sorry to hear. What a mess.

So sorry to hear about this and so glad you found out where he was and acted fast.

I'm so sorry and I hope things turn out well for your 4-legged friend.

Wow, that's terrible!! That's great that your friend was on the ball and texted you about it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

That would be very worrisome, for sure. I hope Cooper lands with someone in a stable place.
    I am not a serious person.

Wow! That IS a mess! I hope everything gets worked out and Cooper lands somewhere safe and sound.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

What is wrong with people? How can they sleep at night?

I feel for Cooper. I hope he finds himself in a place who will treat him well and with dignity.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Unfortunately this happens quite often. I see stories like this all the time on my local Facebook horse pages. Hopefully he ends up back with the person he should be with. It's probably a good thing that his registration papers aren't with him; I think that would make it more difficult to prove he was stolen.

Thread Information