Thread: Ugly Christmas Sweaters

Ugly Christmas Sweaters

Several years ago SO purchased me a pair of ugly Christmas pants. They are red corduroy with stockings and wreaths and candy canes all over them. They were a big hit at my work holiday party last year but I can't show up in the same outfit two years in a row. So for next week's holiday party I just ordered a new holiday sweater. It's actually more of a shirt, but whatever. It's a cashmere thing covered in cats wearing santa hats. Truly dreadful (and not as awesome as my first choice, a sweater with a dinosaur dressed up for Christmas but that wasn't going to be delivered in time) but it will be perfect for a casual party that's being held at a shuffleboard club where one of my coworkers is in the shuffleboard league. And yes, I've already told shuffleboard coworker that I want to be on her team for the party shuffleboard contest because I'm competitive like that. Not sure if anyone outside my department has any idea that she's kind of a ringer as far as shuffleboard goes so we may end up with teams broken out roughly by department in which case the cyber team will hopefully dominate!

Some of the thrift stores have a section for “ugly Christmas sweaters. “

I think you should wear your red pants every year JP they are quite special.

Last week I bought a Christmas sweater at Goodwill. It’s got lots of stuff on it but it’s actually kind of pretty, it doesn’t quite fit the “ugly sweater “category. Normally I don’t wear that sort of thing.

Tomorrow night we’re going to a big fundraiser dinner and DH is wearing his kilt. It’s appropriate because the dress theme for the dinner is wear hunting clothes.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 12-7-23 at 11:16pm.
    I am not a serious person.

You may be right iris. Perhaps I should wear both my new sweater and my old pants. That seems kind of over the top but maybe that’s what would work best…

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    You may be right iris. Perhaps I should wear both my new sweater and my old pants. That seems kind of over the top but maybe that’s what would work best…
    Wear them! Wear them! Every year you can add some thing new to the outfit
    I am not a serious person.

If you wear them every year, it can become your tradition.

Wear them. You would spread a lot of joy for the season. Fun and funny things are needed during the holidays.

I also vote for "wear them!". I like rosa's idea that they become your tradition!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I do have to admit jp’s Christmas pants sound awesome!

Yes, wear them and I like Iris's idea of adding on every year if you want.

I want pictures!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Thread Information