Thread: Spiritual Unfoldment with John Butler

Spiritual Unfoldment with John Butler

Today I bring to the Simple Living forums one very serene, calm speaking, old man from the Derbyshire, United Kingdom.

His name is John Butler, a pioneer in organic farming. John struggled from a young age with his role on this planet, which lead him to a spiritual pursuit across different countries, where he found Christianity in Russia, and Theravada Meditation at home. His style could be described as unity with nature, constanct awareness of the environment, and feet on the ground.

Today, he speaks on a YouTube channel, here, and he's also an interest in the ASMR community, a community that enjoys pleasant sounds that bring what could be described as low-grade euphoria, a type of positive feeling that brings a tingling sensation to the skin and down the spine, this is possible because of the way John calmly talks. He has different books, the most well known being 'Wonders of Spiritual Unfoldment'.

The reason I bring you John Butler, is not because I particularly agree or even follow what he says, but because I find he's an inspiration and in someways a role model in living in a simple way, with serenity, gratitute, unity with nature, awareness of the environment, and spiritual understanding. Hope some of you might enjoy this.

John , it is cool that you find this old guy inspirational.

i watched him standing out by the river. That reminded me that yes, we need to get outside and be part of nature but it reminded me that also—we need to find the type of nature that speaks to us most strongly.

The scene he first shows in that video is my favorite scene, a pretty and gentle nature scene, a small one. Not towering mountains, not sea to shining seas. A quiet running river. And then, for me, I love the imprint of human activity within the scene as those stone buildings show.
    I am not a serious person.

That is a very calming video--and I agree with IL--it's funny that to enjoy the benefits, you watch 50 minutes of a man being outdoors, instead of going outdoors yourself. I think the video itself is a good reminder, so that's not to say I don't like the video--I do--and I just also like the irony.

I find he's an inspiration and in someways a role model in living in a simple way, with serenity, gratitute, unity with nature, awareness of the environment, and spiritual understanding. Hope some of you might enjoy this.
    Yes, I did like it for the reason you state.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information