Thread: loveseat or chairs?

loveseat or chairs?

I am thinking about replacing our 20+ years old loveseat that we have in our very small "TV room" down in our walk out basement. It is very worn and offers little support anymore. The thought of two side by side recliners appeals to me since they are comfy and can be used for napping and reading and are easier to move. Or I can just get another loveseat. Which would you prefer for a small space?

We've tried both in our small space. When we had chairs we had one recliner and one wing chair with ottoman. It was nice... but we switched it out for a loveseat because we wanted to be Abe to seat more people in our small living space.

I would say if you don't expect company too often in the TV room, go with the recliners. They're not that fashionable, but they're comfortable, as you said. For a basement TV room, I'd opt for comfort and versatility (napping, reading, TV watching)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I've actually been contemplating the same thing for our living room. I'm leaning towards recliners, but not ready to take the plunge and make the purchase yet.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

So funny, we have the same dilemma. My husband is planning hip replacement, so I'd like to get the recliners so he can sleep downstairs for a bit.

I’m thinking about the same thing for our TV room. But because our TV room is a good year and a half away from needing decor, I’m hoping that a clear solution comes to me.

Right now DH likes to sit in the recliner that we have in our living room, an old throwaway piece of furniture. I don’t want to take a recliner away from him, and, they do make recliners halfway decent looking. I would consider having two of those in the living room, but would also consider putting them in the TV room which is right around the corner.

Wherever it ends up DH does deserve in his old age a recliner. Recliners in our house will never be those giant, bulky awful looking things though, they will be streamlined chairs that happen to have a footstool mechanism built-in.
    I am not a serious person.

Just bought a loveseat and two recliners (should receive chairs Friday) for our living room. I absolutely love recliners. Truth be told there is not a day that goes by that I don’t find myself dozing in them. They look decent if arranged correctly IMO. The loveseat is for when we have company…. to just have additional seating.

I guess the word recliner brings to mind the big puffy kind from a few years back. Many of the newer ones are decent looking at least.

I think it depends on what you find most comfortable. In our house, we have a first floor family room with two recliners and a couch with the recliners facing the fireplace and TV mounted over it. In our finished basement we have a TV area with two recliner loveseats, one facing the TV and the other facing the second fireplace.

We spend the majority of our time in the first floor family room and love our recliners. When we're downstairs we find those loveseats to be very comfortable and inviting, but if we had to choose one over the other, we'd go with the individual recliners.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

My parents got rid of their couch (only my mom used it) and they now have just two chairs, and it's fine. Looks like it's always been that way too.

Why not splurge on a Stressless recliner. They're heavenly.

https://slrecliners.com/products/str...39288182407221

Thread Information