Thread: Garage Esthetics

Garage Esthetics

When we had the skylights installed over our staircase we also put in a new more modern chandelier. The old one had been sitting on the garage floor for the past couple of months but this weekend SO moved it to the rafters in the garage. I thought it was kind of fancy that we now had a garage chandelier but it wasn't hooked up to electricity. So today while SO was at work I took an old extension cord and made it "plug-in-able". As I hoped he was appropriately "impressed" when he got home...

garage 6.jpg

Haha! That’s great!

The designers would call this “elevating “your garage.
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The designers would call this “elevating “your garage.
    I feel like "elevating" my garage is a pretty easy bar to go above. Also, looking at the photo and the rest of the garage that's not visible, I feel like we need to have a garage sale... Our neighbors two doors down have two cars plus two motorcycles in their garage. We can fit two cars in ours but I'm still working out where one electric bike will fit in there...

Very fancy! I don't have a garage, so almost anything would be a step-up. LOL
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Same here, Happystuff, and we would dearly love a garage for all our hobby stuff.

Our hideously giant attached garage is life changing. I just open a door from our kitchen and access our deep freezer RIGHT THERE in the garage. I have a table and shelves set up in it for floral design supplies I use regularly, and this set up is handy for works in progress to keep cats out of the floral piece. We JUST this week moved our old refrigerator there, and next year it will hold all of the vegetables coming in from our garden.

Unlike most Americans, we will not keep beer and soda in our garage refrigerator. We also have teo refrigerators in the basement. That is DH’s area of responsibility, I don’t pay much attention to them and what he keeps in them.

This past year had vegetables sitting on kitchen counters and they attracted fruit flies, scores of them. UGH!!!!

Now I just have to figure out where to put a compost bucket. I will no longer allow it to sit on our kitchen sink. The fruit flies again.
    I am not a serious person.

Thread Information