Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter Challenge

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Good luck, Catherine! I will buy a copy!
    two of the three books I have laying around the house are self published given to me by friends.

I have purchased two simple living self published books, one by Jonathan Allen.. Do you remember him? He was instrumental in starting these forums 20+ years ago. The other book is by Scrubbyfish from the Mr. Money Mustache forum.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 1-4-24 at 8:21pm.
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    two of the three books I have laying around the house are self published Thanksgiving given to me by friends.

I have purchased two simple living self published books, one by Jonathan Allen.. Do you remember him? He was instrumental and starting these forums 20+ years ago. The other book is by Scrubbyfish from the Mr. Money Mustache forum.
    Oh, wow! I definitely remember Jonathan Allen! I'll have to check him out. I have created a substack account as a way to make works-in-progress available to anyone interested. When I have something posted, I'll share a link here. I also have a FB account for it, but I only use it as a way to test ideas--I am not actively looking for followers yet, but from time to time I pay very little ($15-$25) for "sponsored ads" to gauge interest in specific topics. My biggest number of "likes" came from a post on local food, for instance.

ETA: I also once bought a book from a SLN author: HappyHiker. I remember enjoying it!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I'm writing a book. .. Wish me luck.
    I wish you luck and look forward to reading the book. Hope I'm not hijacking the thread, but am curious about what you and your colleagues think is happening in marketing research.

I have made some progress:
    Kitchen remodel (We won't be doing the actual remodel, but there are plenty of action items on our part) - starting to pack up some of the kitchen contents.
    Install hand rail for stairway - bought the railing and brackets
    Schedule attorney meeting - meeting scheduled for next week (I've procrastinated on this one for a long time)
    Transfer information to my new address book (yes, a paper one) - I'm on "G"
    Annual file cleanout and shred - done (and this includes doing the same for my mother's documents)
    Learn to make one healthy recipe that is simple enough to include in our regular rotation (I think I had a similar goal before that I never completed. I recently bought two new Mediterranean Diet cookbooks, so hopefully this will inspire me).

Yppej
    Weight is up as my appetite came roaring back after I got better. Didn’t buy much for groceries this week, and nothing unhealthy.

Am not posting things directed at the mayor, but still posting. May focus on helping a challenger to our useless state senator next.

I finished the address book.

No Buy January in progress
    knit scarf 40% done
    work on trunk quilt in progress
    Finish organizing fabric stash finishing up
    get personal email inbox to under 100 emails forgot about it until now

Have a few days left in January, only things bought so far are covered under monthly bills (mortgage, utilities), health (prescriptions, dental copay), and necessary to live (groceries, car maintenance).

Still working on the scarf, at this point it will be too warm for scarves when I finish

Fabric stash is mostly done, I decided to sort by quantity rather than color or fiber, since my search for fabric begins with quantity then color then fiber. Makes sense to me. I have a bin of fabric in lengths of 3+ yards, 1-2 yards and scraps, anything less than 1 yard.

Working on the trunk quilt have about 20 of 42 squares done, hoping to have the top sewn by the end of February and finished up in March for an April birthday.

I did make a folder for hotel reservations and receipts I won't need right away, haven't moved anything into it yet or check to see which old receipts I can delete. I probably don't need a receipt for a conference I attended in 2018. Think I need to listen to an audio book or podcast and get it done.

Hana: Well you can be sure that it will get cold and scarf weather will come around again, even if you miss this winter!
    Attorney meeting was completed on my list.

Rosa: in the Mid Atlantic I can wait until July and may need it then. Past Monday the schools closed for snow and yesterday it was 75F with no sign of snow. You can go through all four seasons in 24 hours here.

Glad you spoke to the attorney. You don't want to do some things, it's better to do so sooner than later.

Yppej
    Still dealing with the new software, which is missing functions. Guess I’m doing OK as someone from another location called me to ask a question on it the other day.

Thread Information