Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally Getting a New Kitchen!

We went through that exercise, too! We also have a smaller kitchen and most newer faucets are proportioned for huge kitchens. But I found most of the smaller ones to lack style.

I'm happy with what we settled on. This one is the closest I can find to ours. The arc is a little more stylish, and the spray hose eliminates the need for the pull-out. It is perfectly proportioned for my kitchen.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Moen-Muirfi...Faucet/3595906
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Hunh. Funny I was not picky about kitchen faucet, and other than the finish, I let DH pick it out. I’m picky about so many things, but not a faucet. Rosa is making me feel inadequate for not paying attention to these details and having interest on a higher plane!

. As for pullout sprayer, I seldom use it.

I don’t know what a “touch feature “is.
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Does anyone have any kitchen faucet wisdom to share? I'm finding faucet selection to be the greatest challenge, oddly enough. Picking out a car was much easier.
    Criteria:
    Not more than 12" tall
    Brushed finish
    Doesn't suck
    My suggestion would be to take the tallest pot/bottle/bowl/whatever, measure it's height and add a couple inches. My biggest problem with my kitchen sink is getting bigger things under the facet to fill with water or clean and then out-from-under the faucet once filled; this includes being able to twist and turn the item easily to rinse after washing. On some things (stock pot, 1/2 gallon canning jars, etc), I am forever tilting to get under the facet or even hand-watering to rinse.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Catherine: That is a cute faucet, and yes, the new ones seem designed for much larger homes.
    IL: We will give you time to ponder your inadequacies, lol. The touch feature is the ability to turn water on/off by touching anywhere on the faucet, as opposed to the apparently overly burdensome requirement of having to manually turn the water on and off with a handle, like some type of primitive cave dweller. I think these even require batteries.
    Happy: That is very good, practical advice!
    This is probably more modern than I usually lean, but I am drawn to this Hansgrohe model for its petite size, and semi-industrial looking, streamlined design. There are some little photos on the page showing it in a kitchen setting, and I think it has a clean and simple look. It has grown on me, and I think it's The One. DH is pretty OK with anything that has hot and cold water coming out of it, lol. He's perfectly happy to let me obsess over the design details.
    https://www.build.com/hansgrohe-0470...68?uid=3246175
    I will also say that I've spent enough time looking at pictures of kitchen faucets, so now I just need to make a decision and be done with it. On this one site, there are 3,250 kitchen faucets to consider before applying filters. Talk about too many choices!

I always buy the same one which I fell in love with back around 1998:

Tybee: that looks very similar to another one I was considering, and it also has that simple clean look that I like. However, from reading all the reviews, it sounds like none of these are really the same as they were a few years ago, and there is an all-around trend of decreased quality.

https://www.build.com/product/summar...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

About faucets, I asked DH who has installed many. He said go with American Standard or Koehler products. They are typical items in stores. But that said, they will last around ten years.
    I am not a serious person.

Rosa, ours is definitely a Moen. I bought one 3 years ago to install in this kitchen and it is still sitting out in the barn. This week, my husband promised, but I never want him to start because if it goes wrong, we don't have water in the kitchen.

Tybee, I never start even replacing washers in a faucet on the weekend for the same reason....what if it all goes wrong????

Faucets are hard to choose. I don't like the pull out faucet and the tall ones, but our kitchen is 1980's. It's Delta, bathroom tub is Moen and other bathroom faucet is Moen. They all have free parts if you go the website, include a photo of their name on the faucet in situ-

We went to the plumbing supply showroom today. We had an 11AM appointment. We were walking towards the front door at 10:58, and we were back in the car at 11:10, having purchased our sink, disposal and faucet. I had done my homework, and it was the most efficient transaction ever!

Thread Information