Thread: The delights of fleece lined leggings

The delights of fleece lined leggings

Yes, the chick that is always hot is now raving about fleece lined leggings. While I like cold, and keep home heat set at 60, the fact is that my legs are often quite cold to the touch. My regular leggings are quite thin. The hot flashes are on my torso anyway. So I shelled out $38 for a pair on Amazon. They’re meant for cold weather outside workouts. High waist is nice. I was sort of between sizes and sized up. They’re a bit big, but that’s OK, too long but I’m short. I can deal with that. The fleece lining is thin and not bulky.

So wire them today at work and not hot at all. Legs were noticeably less cold feeling than usual when I got home. I wore them all weekend when I was lounging around reading. Nice and cozy. Well worth the $$.

Highly recommend fleece lined leggings.

Tradd: Do you wear them under a skirt or under pants or just by themselves? I'm not a fan of leggings just worn in lieu of pants unless one is built like a supermodel.

By themselves. I have a bunch of tunic tops that cover my butt.

I pretty much live in fleece-lined leggings in the winter! I need more shirts that cover my butt though - I caught a glimpse of my backside and it wasn't so great looking. I don't have much of a butt these days, but I don't really like the shape of it. I'm getting the old lady skinny legs and butt look, but have a muffin on top of my hips. I'm always looking for long tunics and long button-down shirts to go with my leggings and cool boots.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    I pretty much live in fleece-lined leggings in the winter! I need more shirts that cover my butt though - I caught a glimpse of my backside and it wasn't so great looking. I don't have much of a butt these days, but I don't really like the shape of it. I'm getting the old lady skinny legs and butt look, but have a muffin on top of my hips. I'm always looking for long tunics and long button-down shirts to go with my leggings and cool boots.
    I only wear black leggings, which hides a multitude of sins. My calves are OK. I can wear leggings to work, so I wear them daily year round. All my tops are long enough to at least cover butt.

Sioux Q - Ulla Popken out of Germany has a great selection of tunic tops. A fellow plus sized friend recommended them. They have a US website and the prices aren’t terribly bad. I’ve not seen such nice tunics before so worth it. I got my package today but have to open it still. Their sizing starts at 12/14, but not sure what your size is.

Thanks Tradd, I'll check it out. For the most part I just wear a big flannel shirt I stole from K. Now that I'm not working at the moment, I don't need a nice wardrobe, so big sloppy flannels will do!

I buy them from Marshalls and use them for horseback riding. They're a LOT cheaper than those made for riding and although they don't have a knee patch, they're fine. I bought a second pair a few months ago and now realise that they're not nearly as thick and warm as my first pair but they're good enough for not so cold days.

Thread Information