Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problem maintaining log-in

problem maintaining log-in

Alan, I recently cleared cookies/cache/etc and now when I log in and tell it to remember me my browser (Firefox v. 121.0 for windows 10) I get an "invalid redirect" message. I can manually click on the logo on top left and get to the forums and everything's fine but it doesn't remember my log-in the next time I open my browser. Any idea what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Alan, I recently cleared cookies/cache/etc and now when I log in and tell it to remember me my browser (Firefox v. 121.0 for windows 10) I get an "invalid redirect" message. I can manually click on the logo on top left and get to the forums and everything's fine but it doesn't remember my log-in the next time I open my browser. Any idea what's going on?
    Yep, I’ve had that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Alan, I recently cleared cookies/cache/etc and now when I log in and tell it to remember me my browser (Firefox v. 121.0 for windows 10) I get an "invalid redirect" message.
    I have no idea what the problem may be but have come to believe it may be something browser specific. When the issue first came up several months ago I spent several days searching the web for login issues on vBulletin sites and possible remedies without success. I also spent some time trying to duplicate the problem at home, again without success using Safari and Chrome browsers.

Then, I left home for my winter meander through warmer climes and sort of forgot all about the problem. After a couple of weeks on the road, my laptop died, or at least hiccuped enough to make me believe it was unusable enough to run off to the nearest Best Buy for a new MacBook. When setting the new machine up I thought I'd see how Microsoft's Edge browser worked on the Mac. I found that it worked quite well except for one thing, it wouldn't maintain a consistent login on our site and I got the same "invalid redirect" message that you mentioned. When that happened, I immediately opened Safari to see if the problem persisted, it did not. I then tried the same with Chrome, again without problem. Since that time, I've gone back to the Edge browser multiple times and consistently had the "invalid redirect" issue come up but have still had zero problems with the other browsers.

The thing is, of those who have commented on the problem I believe that I'm the only one seeing it on Edge, you're using Firefox and I believe Tradd was using Safari. So, it doesn't seem to be browser specific but I have to believe it has something to do with some specific configuration within any browser and I can't figure out what that may be. I'll continue to research it and see what I can find, until then, the only thing I can suggest is try another browser.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Yes I have it on Safari mobile browser. When. I hit the bookmark to come to the site, it doesn’t show my username and password, but when I click on new posts, for example, it takes me to it and I’m logged in.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Yes I have it on Safari mobile browser. When. I hit the bookmark to come to the site, it doesn’t show my username and password, but when I click on new posts, for example, it takes me to it and I’m logged in.
    Tradd, that's what I was seeing on Chrome, so it didn't really make any difference in functionality for me.

Alan, You are amazing! Thank you for researching problems and offering solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Exact same thing here.
    I am not a serious person.

I have the same experience as Tradd and jp
    I almost always use Safari, but occasionally use Chrome.

Thanks for checking into it, Alan!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I've been toying with cookie settings for the site today hoping it will correct the problem some people are seeing. Please let me know if you continue to have problems, if so, I'll tinker a little more.

For those or you who have been experiencing login issues, can you please let me know the exact url you are using either manually or through a link to access the site, eg., "https://www.simplelivingforum.net" ...."www.simplelivingforum.net"...."simplelivingfo rum.net"...etc.?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I've been toying with cookie settings for the site today hoping it will correct the problem some people are seeing. Please let me know if you continue to have problems, if so, I'll tinker a little more.

For those or you who have been experiencing login issues, can you please let me know the exact url you are using either manually or through a link to access the site, eg., "https://www.simplelivingforum.net" ...."www.simplelivingforum.net"...."simplelivingfo rum.net"...etc.?
    here is the one I’m using, but I don’t consider it a problem. It works fine from my end.

https://www.simplelivingforum.net/sh...taining-log-in
    I am not a serious person.

Thread Information