Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What are you reading in 2024?

Recently finished "The Berry Pickers," by Amanda Peters. It was pretty good, but not life-altering. Not what I thought it would be, but enjoyable nonetheless. About an native indigenous family who migrated from Canada each summer to pick berries in Maine. One of the children, a 4-year-old, becomes missing. The story toggles between her telling her story and her brother telling the family story from his point of view.

Started "A Single Thread" by Tracy Chevalier.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Happy: I read Bridget Jones a long time ago, but I remember it as a fun book.
    Catherine: I've read a lot of Jodi's books, although not in recent years. I always thought she could spin a good tale and get you thinking about both sides of some important issues.
    Kay: I've wondered about The Berry Pickers, because I've heard mixed reviews. Sounds like you think it's worth reading?
    I just started Lessons in Chemistry, which also has some mixed reviews but most seem to think it was a fun read.

I'm reading "Shadow Divers" by Kurson. It's the non-fiction account of divers finding a previously unknown sunken WWII German U-boat off the coast of New Jersey in the 1990's and the efforts to identify it and recover a few artifacts. It's a very good story.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Just finished reading the Apocalypse chef series. Eli "Nacho" Natches, lives in a post apocalyptic Kansas City in a gaming style environment trying to survive for the amusement of the Patrons who bet and can sponsor favorite players. Nacho's patron gives him a boon (gift) so powerful that he actually goes back in time to six months before the Juxtaposition, and does everything to make sure his best friends Reuben, a nerdy Marketing major, and Brie, a star Lacrosse player, survive.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Happy: I read Bridget Jones a long time ago, but I remember it as a fun book.
    Catherine: I've read a lot of Jodi's books, although not in recent years. I always thought she could spin a good tale and get you thinking about both sides of some important issues.
    Kay: I've wondered about The Berry Pickers, because I've heard mixed reviews. Sounds like you think it's worth reading?
    I just started Lessons in Chemistry, which also has some mixed reviews but most seem to think it was a fun read.
    Give it a try, Rosa. I think you might like it.

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Give it a try, Rosa. I think you might like it.
    I will add it to my list.

Thread Information