Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Loud Budgeting"

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I have saved a fortune so far this year by not buying two camera lenses I really wanted. Super-terrific lenses, but very very expensive, and I have lenses that are ~90% as good. Plus the weather in Jan/Feb here isn't really conducive to using them.

Mountains of cash saved!
    I've bought high quality used gear from KEH. Their rating system is conservative and they have a solid reputation. Kind of in the recycle reuse category.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I've bought high quality used gear from KEH. Their rating system is conservative and they have a solid reputation. Kind of in the recycle reuse category.
    I've had great luck with them too, especially for "wacky" lenses of the sort where someone might say "Gosh, that looks cool, I should try that, it has 'unique character'!" and then finds out "Well, that's *too much* character for me". I always look there first for such lenses, and generally receive essentially-new products for a great price. The one time they sent me something that was "off", they happily replaced it.

Two thumbs up!

I think I am going to try a refurbished Apple watch, a 7. It does all the things I need it to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I think I am going to try a refurbished Apple watch, a 7. It does all the things I need it to do.
    If you can afford an 8, go for it. I usually prefer to go one model down. Current is a 9. I have an 8.

I'm finally trendy.

Mid Atlantic coast after 30 years in No CA
    Goody, goody! Would love if others experienced the joy of not being in debt--and not lusting after unnecessary things...
    peaceful, easy feeling

Thread Information