Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Biden’s Classified Documents Case

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Though I'm glad Biden won last time around, I do not look forward to another 4 years of cognitive decline on his part. And the idea of four years of DJT is unthinkable. My family in Vienna is hoping the United States comes up with some kind of solution other than an acting President serving from prison, as am I. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Though I'm glad Biden won last time around, I do not look forward to another 4 years of cognitive decline on his part. And the idea of four years of DJT is unthinkable. My family in Vienna is hoping the United States comes up with some kind of solution other than an acting President serving from prison, as am I. Rob
    What cognitive decline are you seeing? Biden seems to be way sharper than Reagan was during his second term and republicans didn’t have a problem with that.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    What cognitive decline are you seeing? Biden seems to be way sharper than Reagan was during his second term and republicans didn’t have a problem with that.
    I'm not batting for the other team (politically) all of a sudden BUT I have seen online clips in which he has stumbled and bumbled and flubbed and Republicans in my mind are not entirely wrong to question Biden's mental faculties. Some of his cut offs and gaffes have been quite alarming. I truly wish both Biden AND Trump would just shrivel up and go away and we could have viable candidates for a change. I'm not feeling that this time around so far but I would vote for Biden to vote against Authoritarian Evil. Rob

Cthullu for President, because it's the lesser of three evils.

There was a reporter on NPR yesterday interviewing someone about that absurd Alabama Supreme Court decision about frozen embryos. At one point the person being interviewed mentioned that the goal of the religious extremists with decisions like this is to move the Overton window. The reporter mistook Overton to be the name of the case overturning Roe v Wade and referred to the “Overton case” twice during the remainder of the interview. Since we’re now apparently judging people mentally unfit for employment if they make any verbal gaffes or stumbles then clearly the NPR reporter needs to be sent to the old folks home regardless of what her age is.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    There was a reporter on NPR yesterday interviewing someone about that absurd Alabama Supreme Court decision about frozen embryos. At one point the person being interviewed mentioned that the goal of the religious extremists with decisions like this is to move the Overton window. The reporter mistook Overton to be the name of the case overturning Roe v Wade and referred to the “Overton case” twice during the remainder of the interview. Since we’re now apparently judging people mentally unfit for employment if they make any verbal gaffes or stumbles then clearly the NPR reporter needs to be sent to the old folks home regardless of what her age is.
    That blunder struck me, as well. Maybe she was having a bad night? She seems like a bright young woman. Maybe she doesn't have "Dobbs" burned indelibly into her consciousness the way my generation seemed to have had "Roe"?

Biden's verbal blunders don't bother me. It's his increasing physical fragility that does.

Quote Originally Posted by Simone View Post
    Biden's verbal blunders don't bother me. It's his increasing physical fragility that does.
    That's my take as well. He looks like a good breeze could bowl him over. I've just about concluded that he is a mouth breather much of the time if not always? Which makes him appear out of breath, baffled, or slack jawed in interviews, besides his speech issues.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    That's my take as well. He looks like a good breeze could bowl him over. I've just about concluded that he is a mouth breather much of the time if not always? Which makes him appear out of breath, baffled, or slack jawed in interviews, besides his speech issues.
    The breathless reporting about his annual physical confirmed that he now uses a CPAP. So yeah, maybe he is a "mouth breather". And yeah, that's completely irrelevant to whether he can perform the functions of president.

Meanwhile the ugly orange psycho-goon can't remember the name of his damn wife but that barely makes page 40 of the news.

Thread Information