Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you watching 2024?

What are you watching 2024?

I didn't want to be me starting this post for 2024, but I think I'll start it with a film many here will enjoy.

Perfect Days (2023)
    by Wim Wenders

Trailer

If someone asked me to show a movie that better represented my life, what I want from life, I'd point them to this movie. It's placed in Tokyo, and follows the routine of the man who cleans the public toilets in that region. There's not another film I'd say it better represent simple living.

Quote Originally Posted by Portuguese John Here View Post
    I didn't want to be me starting this post for 2024, but I think I'll start it with a film many here will enjoy.

Perfect Days (2023)
    by Wim Wenders

Trailer

If someone asked me to show a movie that better represented my life, what I want from life, I'd point them to this movie. It's placed in Tokyo, and follows the routine of the man who cleans the public toilets in that region. There's not another film I'd say it better represent simple living.
    thank you for this film recommendation!
    I am not a serious person.

"Master's of the Air" on Apple TV
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Tonight I'm watching Taylor Swift's boyfriend play football during an Usher concert.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Just watched some show on Netflix called Stalker Killer or something, about a stalking and murder in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area. Only watched it because DH's mother was born in Council Bluffs and two of my grandparents were from there, so I wanted to see what it looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Tonight I'm watching Taylor Swift's boyfriend play football during an Usher concert.
    Haha! Well, I was rooting for the 49ers just because they weren't the team in the limelight. Great game, though.

I watched a couple of interesting movies:

The one that Paul Giamatti has been nominated Best Actor for: The Holdovers. Definitely a feel-good movie: a cross between A Christmas Carol and Mr. Holland's Opus. He did give a very good performance, although my son said that he was just being Paul Giamatti. Not sure that's a fair assessment.

The other one, Saltburn, is very ...well, interesting. I did follow it to the end. Themes of British social standing, obsession and deception with a little bit of erotica thrown in.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

re-watching Detectorists. Such a sweet and funny show! And DH has a detector, although it's been a long while since he's felt like using it. So I can relate, without the Roman treasure.

MIL had given me her box set of As Time Goes By. Started season 1 yesterday.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Oh, happystuff, we love that show! Another gentle comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Just watched some show on Netflix called Stalker Killer or something, about a stalking and murder in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area. Only watched it because DH's mother was born in Council Bluffs and two of my grandparents were from there, so I wanted to see what it looked like.
    I just watched that tonight. Pretty weird case, that’s for sure.
    I am not a serious person.

Thread Information