Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sleeping temperatures

Alan, I am a huge fan of the ceiling fan. I helps us sleep in the same bed! AC is on 74 in summer and the house/bedroom at 55-60 in the winter.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    One thing I miss about my days in Porltand - I used to have rooms at 55F for a good half of the year. I set my furnace at 55F - this had nothing to do with being frugal or saving money - at the time utilities were incredibly cheap in the Pacific NW anyway - it's just that after many years living in Phoenix, it was such a nice change of pace to be in a deeply cool-temperatured room. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    One thing I miss about my days in Porltand - I used to have rooms at 55F for a good half of the year. I set my furnace at 55F - this had nothing to do with being frugal or saving money - at the time utilities were incredibly cheap in the Pacific NW anyway - it's just that after many years living in Phoenix, it was such a nice change of pace to be in a deeply cool-temperatured room. Rob
    That reminds me of the few random days that it actually got cool when I was in college in Miami. I'd still be wearing shorts and a t-shirt (and asked by a friend "Are you from Alaska?" My response: "not quite, but I'm from Denver...") and would open all the windows and let the cool in. It never got down to where it would've been 55 inside except for christmas my senior year when it got down to 22 in Miami, but I was at home in Denver at the time so I missed out. Probably just as well since that would've been a bit cool, even for me!

Today our contractors were here all day and often left the front door open because they were carrying big slabs of drywall in from the garage so it got down to 61 in the house. (the high today was around 55) I refuse to heat the whole world so I'd turned the furnace off. They left 1 1/2 hours ago so it's finally getting back to a more normal daytime temp of 68 inside.

Thread Information