Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taxes

Taxes

They are done! E-filed the federal and taking the state to the post office, as it would cost more than the refund to e-file them. LOL. I use Turbo Tax and do them myself, which frustrates the H*LL out of me! But it is very satisfying when they are finished and out the door.

On a side note: We actually made more than I thought we were making - due to dh getting a raise, I guess. It makes me want to sock more into savings in preparation for when I finally retire. I think the year will go by quickly, so it will be interesting/sort of fun to see how much we can save in this coming year.

Good luck to everyone else!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I did mine at the beginning of the month. Owed IL $4 and about $600ish to the feds. I would have owed more if I hadn’t started up 401K contributions again.

I started mine on TurboTax but was still waiting for E*trade to send the 1099 forms. I think they came the other day so I’ll try to finish this weekend. If the past few years are indicative I’ll owe money to CA and get about the same back from the IRS. A few hundred bucks each way.

DH “does “our taxes, which means he answers all the questions from our accountant. He gathers all the forms paperwork and the whole shebang, and then send it to our accountant. We’ve had the same CPA from doing our taxes for decades, and they don’t charge much

However, we got a bill for the farm business taxes which was very high and DH is looking into it.
    I am not a serious person.

Found out that mine won't be doable until around October, because the other guy is an idiot. (corporate first)

Trying to finish my taxes and have decided to sell my I Bonds. The stupid chitty treasury direct website is beyond horrible. I can't log in because it doesn't remember my challenge question answers. The income I get from this bond just isn't worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Trying to finish my taxes and have decided to sell my I Bonds. The stupid chitty treasury direct website is beyond horrible. I can't log in because it doesn't remember my challenge question answers. The income I get from this bond just isn't worth it.
    Agreed. I’ll just save enough to get a high yield account from Vanguard. The Treasury Direct website is horrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Agreed. I’ll just save enough to get a high yield account from Vanguard. The Treasury Direct website is horrid.
    The really laughable part was when I called them. The recorded guy (because they only have customer service during east coast biz hours) was saying "you should be able to change your bank account info on our updated website." Way to instill confidence...

We have gotten a small refund for the past five years so was shocked to see that we will owe $1000 this year

First year we have not itemized our deductions. Since our charitable contributions are all qualified by going direct from our 401K plan, they do not appear. Cannot reach $30,000 without them.

Turbo Tax has saved us so much over the last 20+ years, we continue to use it.

Thread Information