Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: March Purge

March Purge

Trashed some Rescue Remedy that I had bought for the cats to try to calm their fighting lately. Heard it was just hocus pocus bs but at least wanted to give it a shot. No effect except that the cats wouldn't eat their food whenever the stuff was applied to it. Just going to have to wait it out and hope the forced separation doesn't last too long.

I gave away 3 items through our local Buy Nothing group - 2 pairs of shoes and a pair of pants.

Gave my daughter in law 4 full makeup products that were the wrong shade for me--she was very happy.
    Gave my son a board game we tried once but it needs more players and they play with larger groups.

Two jackets into the yard sale pile and two into the garbage. (One closet done and working on the other. Trying to combine all coats and jackets into one)
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

As I'm moving stuff around and cleaning up the cellar from the subfloor-replacement mess, I'm getting rid of a lot of things like jars, paper bags, takeout containers, etc. It's good to have some of these items on hand because we do tend to use them, but less real estate will be allocated to them going forward.
    We got rid of a case of old hard cider we will never drink, a bunch of clothes hangers, and a few little wooden clementine crates. I've filled up 2 recycle bins and 2 trash bags from the cellar in the past few days.

WTG, rosa! That's a lot of stuff gone! It's so good to read about everyone's accomplishments. Getting rid of stuff is difficult for me, I see value in almost everything and I am so adverse to adding to the waste stream. But when (if ) I get around to tackling our cellar, I'll have a lot of stuff to jettison, too. Hoping to rehome a lot of it - canning jars, flower pots, etc. Still, it's easy to ignore it down there! DD and I went through our glassware/extra plates storage shelves, finally putting away the Christmas mugs and setting out some others for daily use. I managed to cull a Star Trek glass (gave to second child), 10 mugs, 3 restaurant-ware plates, an ironstone bowl, a blown glass pitcher, and a cranberry and clear flash-edged pressed glass scalloped bowl (that was a wedding present to my aunt in the late 30s). Those will sell - so they haven't left the house just yet, but I no longer consider them mine, so I'm counting them! AND Friday we took a large load to the antique mall (two large tubs & two paper boxes of misc. smaller stuff, a trellis, a 50 lb cement swan planter, a vintage quilt, and a propeller) so that made a small (and temporary lol) dent. Hoping to get outside to start purging dead branches soon!

Congrats to everyone on the purging! Reading everyone's progress is very motivating. Thanks!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yes, purging dead branches is a regular task around here! I cleaned the above the sink medicine cabinet. Didn't get rid of anything...but it looks very nice!

Yes, congratulations to all. Yay for an organized medicine cabinet, nswef!

I returned a pair of boots to the store. Total for month: 4.

I gave away 5 hand-me-downs to a friend and took 5 old towels to an animal shelter. Total for month: 14.

Thread Information