Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: March Purge

On Saturday, I dropped off an extra wastepaper basket at Goodwill and gave away an item on Buy Nothing. New total for month: 25.

today I tossed 15 individual first-aid stuff packets (very old, from the 80s), a empty pill bottle, 2 cracked plastic shot glasses, some band-aids with torn wrappers, etc.

The class notebooks I thought I still had? I’d already pitched them! But I did purge all the related electronic files from my Google Drive yesterday.

Broken dehydrator and broken tool box both out in the garbage.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I’m donating a couple of things to our garden club’s annual sale of antiques and collectibles.

I got rid of crap tons of that kind of stuff when we moved a couple of years ago. But lo and behold, I have still accumulated a couple of things that need to go.

Right now I’m wrestling with a remnant from my parents house, a glass chandelier. I know I’m not gonna hang it in a Hermann house. It’s not worth a lot of money. I have some interest in removing the glass dangles from it and using those in other projects. But I’m not sure if I’m going to do that and I’ll talk to my sister-in-law when she comes this weekend because she may have an opinion on it. If she wants some of the glass dangles, then I guess we will take it apart. if she doesn’t want any of the glass dangles, I may donate the glass chandelier en whole.
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I’m donating a couple of things to our garden club’s annual sale of antiques and collectibles.

I got rid of crap tons of that kind of stuff when we moved a couple of years ago. But lo and behold, I have still accumulated a couple of things that need to go.

Right now I’m wrestling with a remnant from my parents house, a glass chandelier. I know I’m not gonna hang it in a Hermann house. It’s not worth a lot of money. I have some interest in removing the glass dangles from it and using those in other projects. But I’m not sure if I’m going to do that and I’ll talk to my sister-in-law when she comes this weekend because she may have an opinion on it. If she wants some of the glass dangles, then I guess we will take it apart. if she doesn’t want any of the glass dangles, I may donate the glass chandelier en whole.
    IL, why not send it back to the house via the historic society that bought the house?

Got rid of a box of vase filler carrots that I didn't want to use anymore for Easter decor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    IL, why not send it back to the house via the historic society that bought the house?
    oh, the historical society was never able to muster the funds to buy the house, so it was purchased by a developer. In fact, it just went back on the market today after he spent a year fixing it up.

It’s not a nice restoration, but it is an adequate one.

The chandelier is circa 1965 and there’s nothing nice about it for a Victorian house.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...=srp-list-card

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    oh, the historical society was never able to muster the funds to buy the house, so it was purchased by a developer. In fact, it just went back on the market today after he spent a year fixing it up.

It’s not a nice restoration, but it is an adequate one.

The chandelier is circa 1965 and there’s nothing nice about it for a Victorian house.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...=srp-list-card
    Beautiful woodwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Beautiful woodwork.
    was really nice about the woodwork is that the living room is cherry and the living room has two giant doors into it. Side is cherry, the side, the faces, the living room, and the other side that faces out into the hall is oak where the rest of the house has oak woodwork .

Thread Information