Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: March Purge

I'm continuing to make progress on my cellar clean-up. I have another bag ready for trash pickup next week.

I also saw this on Facebook and felt compelled to share with you all:

middle kitchen drawer.jpg

Love that picture. After being tired so much the last year, and thinking it was my give a sh***r going out due to the idiot owner saying one thing and doing another, I am far behind. Now cleaning up the house after being out of it for almost three months, cleaning up, sorting, getting rid of stuff, thinking of dumpster(s) for both the current house (cat furniture), and my prior house, I actually feel like I have got more accomplished in the last week then the last six months.

My late boss and friend had a half joke about this,
    Put a dumpster in your driveway.
    Have the Goodwill/charity/donation guys park in front of your house.
    Park your moving van, a block away.
    See what you really think is worth carrying to that.

TMS: That's actually an interesting mental exercise!

Love the picture!

Have been finishing up the first big closet. As previously stated, got rid of about 5 jackets/coats and several tools - most broken. Am going through the two toolboxes (yes, I know that is one too many but...) and getting rid of as many duplicates as possible. Most are going into the pile for the next town wide yard sale.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I finally realized I can pitch the notebooks from when I took my catechist course (multiple classes) more than a decade ago. I don’t teach at all, plus they’re in my chicken scratch handwriting I have a hard time reading after the fact. LOL. They’re mostly in Moleskine journals, maybe 8-10 of them, plus a couple of spiral notebooks. That should free up most of a storage container.

Love the picture, rosarugosa!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I finally realized I can pitch the notebooks from when I took my catechist course (multiple classes) more than a decade ago. I don’t teach at all, plus they’re in my chicken scratch handwriting I have a hard time reading after the fact. LOL. They’re mostly in Moleskine journals, maybe 8-10 of them, plus a couple of spiral notebooks. That should free up most of a storage container.
    When we moved to Hermann DH threw away notebooks from his college courses from 1972+ . I am not kidding here.
    I am not a serious person.

I took 5 items to Goodwill today and returned 4 shirts to the store. Total this month: 23.

Did a lot of digital purging today. One of the seniors at church asked for some help with her new iPad. Thousands of unread emails (she had an older iPad so her kids transferred data to the new one). That made me go through saved emails and such. I tend to have pretty clear inboxes (GMail and iCloud accounts), so stuff is organized in folders. Got rid of a lot. Need to go through photos, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Did a lot of digital purging today. One of the seniors at church asked for some help with her new iPad. Thousands of unread emails (she had an older iPad so her kids transferred data to the new one). That made me go through saved emails and such. I tend to have pretty clear inboxes (GMail and iCloud accounts), so stuff is organized in folders. Got rid of a lot. Need to go through photos, too.
    I constantly purge photos. I haven’t completed my 2023 deletion of emails though. Should get on that I suppose.

Speaking of photos in the cloud, DH mentioned yesterday that he has a full account on iCloud because of all the photographs of Iris I took on his phone. I have no memory of this photographic event would apparently took place several years ago. I asked him why he didn’t tell me the sooner if this was a problem. I can hardly do something about a problem if I don’t know about it,

That said, I pay $.99 a month to Apple for my iCloud space to store photos.
    I am not a serious person.

Thread Information