Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Biden's dementia and age

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Do you think he can maintain that level of amphetamine use till November?
    ???

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    It's a ridiculous conspiracy theory. If there were really magic anti-Alzheimers/dementia drugs, do you really think we wouldn't know about them? It's on the level of the elite really have secret cures for cancer, covid, the common cold ... we just don't know about it. I mean come on. That there are some cures they can more readily afford, and have their pick of the best docs, I mean sure fine whatever. But there is no dementia cure. Amphetamines can help ADHD (if one has ADHD and chooses to medicate that way), which I've never once heard Biden being diagnosed with (but if he was, oh well), not dementia.

But it's actually more likely Trump takes amphetamines than Biden (oh I didn't say for dementia). So it's possible projection coming from him.
    I don’t think President Biden has Alzheimer’s, or even diagnosable dementia. I just think he’s very old.

Maybe no amphetamines but I’d be willing to bet my house that he had a deeply restful nap, a good dinner, and lots of hydration before he gave the state of the union speech. The oldsters need hydration or else they loose it.
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Are you saying Ketanji Brown Jackson is in the bag for Trump? What??!!!

Please ‘splain.
    No. I’m saying that a middling law student with a Harvard degree wasn’t destined to be a Supreme Court justice unless he also happened to also be a black man. Since there are so few people with those characteristics he was a ‘right man/right place’ kinda guy.

Maybe I'm too sensitive but this constant emphasis on the dire consequences of being older just magnifies our cultural obsession with youth.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Maybe I'm too sensitive but this constant emphasis on the dire consequences of being older just magnifies our cultural obsession with youth.
    I agree. Or that older people have lost their useful value to society. Not that it's a relevant issue, but it's a little overdone. Or being a senior, I'm just a little sensitive.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Do you think he can maintain that level of amphetamine use till November?
    That's all we need. One senior citizen candidate on speed and the other on magic mushrooms.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    No. I’m saying that a middling law student with a Harvard degree wasn’t destined to be a Supreme Court justice unless he also happened to also be a black man. Since there are so few people with those characteristics he was a ‘right man/right place’ kinda guy.
    I guess you’re talking about Clarence Thomas here, a “middling” Harvard law graduate. In today’s climate some would consider you a racist for this diminishment.

All nine Supreme Court justices agreed Trump cannot be kept off the Colorado ballot. I’m not sure why you’re singling out Clarence Thomas other than you like to.
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I’m not sure why you’re singling out Clarence Thomas other than you like to.
    Radical Democrats are still upset that their "high tech lynching" of Clarence Thomas nearly 35 years ago didn't pan out as they wished. Those guys seem to hold long grudges against uppity (conservative) negroes.

It's interesting that a thread about Biden quickly turns to denigration of Thomas from a supporter. Biden chaired that attempted "lynching" all those years ago.

PS: He graduated from Holy Cross, then Yale law school, not Harvard.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I’m curious what republicans think about Thomas’s acceptance of major travel gifts and momma house purchase from people that have issues before the court but I assume I won’t get an honest response.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I’m curious what republicans think about Thomas’s acceptance of major travel gifts and momma house purchase from people that have issues before the court but I assume I won’t get an honest response.
    We hear about that "issues before the court" claim a lot but ProPublica investigated this recently and couldn't find any evidence of it being true. Maybe you could enlighten us?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information