Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: March Frugals

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    back up cameras are the ONLY thing I like in new automobile technology. They are a game changer.
    I have had rental cars with all the modern gadgetry and the only other thing I like is adaptive cruise control.

Give me vent wings, rain gutters, a/c, manual transmission for local, automatic for long trips, backup camera, MAYBE an electric window on the passenger side (bending over to roll down the window), manual windows otherwise and manual locks, cruise control on the automatic for long trips, intermittent wipers, FM raido, cloth seats, vinyl floor, GPS, crumple zones, probably some more I can't think about.

A mix of old and modern, that hasn't been offered.

Pretty much my perfect car also, without gps. I don't want any locaters on my car, cell phone is bad enough, and has gps already, so that's enough for me. And I can live without cruise, I always forget it's on anyway! I do like backup cameras though

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I have had rental cars with all the modern gadgetry and the only other thing I like is adaptive cruise control.
    OMG I hate “ adaptive cruise control “because I still don’t know what it is and when I tried to read how to turn on cruise control in this current car, the instructions were so complicated because it kept referring to ACC and just made it all so complicated.

In my ancient brain, the entire concept of “cruise control “ at all is a very modern convenience that I sometimes use but I could live without it.

since we are talking about modern automobile technology, there’s still a button on my car that I don’t know what it does. I got the car 10 months ago. I guess I don’t need it.

and then, these stupid keys fobs keep the car unlocked when you’re anywhere near it and so for DH, that’s a problem because when he’s out working in the yard, key fob in his pocket, it unlocks the car and he doesn’t want that to happen necessarily. Fortunately we don’t live in the city when having your car unlocked at any time is an invitation for theft and burglary.

Someone mentioned that we could probably change that setting with the key, but that would require we read a manual. I do not not like reading a manual to operate my car.
    I am not a serious person.

Adaptive cruise control is just like regular cruise control except you can use it when there are other cars on the road without worrying about rear ending any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    OMG I hate “ adaptive cruise control “because I still don’t know what it is ....
    I have adaptive cruise control in my truck and love it. When we're towing our camper around the country I like to set the cruise control at 65 mph and stay in the right hand lane at all times. The "adaptive" part comes into play when we creep up on a slower moving vehicle in our lane and the truck automatically adjusts our speed to keep us at a safe distance behind it. If that vehicle then leaves the highway or speeds up the cruise control will then increase my speed back to the preset 65. It keeps me from having to frequently turn the cruise control on or off in order to maintain a safe speed and separation from other vehicles.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thanks for the explanation, Alan. Like Iris, I am not adept at working the controls on the new truck. To be truthful I've not driven it much at all....

Thread Information