Thread: April Frugals

April Frugals

A top item on my wish list was a long-sleeved gray t-shirt. LL Bean is my go-to for t-shirts, but for some reason, they don't make women's in gray. Saturday, sister and I went to a really nice thrift store in a nearby town that was new to us. On the clearance rack, I found a children's GAP, XL, gray, long-sleeved t-shirt for $1.00. I bought it, and it fits perfectly. This is the only time in my life I've ever fit into something categorized as XL, but apparently I'm the size of an XL child!
    I got some other good items there for very small money, but the t-shirt was my best score.

Good job rosa!
    I am not a serious person.

Nice, rr. It's always nice to find that little something you've been wanting.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Ordered some inexpensive blackout style curtains from Amazon, to replace those in the house that I tried to wash. The label was barely on them and completely blank (should have been a warning sign), washed them and they disintegrated (looks like the cat shredded them). Neighbors are probably happy if they ever saw me and my stoma in the morning (hello world!).
    Should have my other three paychecks next week and other expenses I covered, just filled out the insurance stuff that the business is getting paid for the company vehicle the idiot rolled. He would have got paid if he had transferred the trucks ownership into his name, as he was supposed to in November. Teaching him about fiduciary responsibility and such.
    On the not so frugal side, up the street from my parents was an estate sale, picked up a nice wooden file cabinet that matches most of the furniture in one room. Not exactly cheap at $40, but it was convenient and allows me to keep my personal and medical stuff, separate from the file cabinet I have in the basement for work stuff. Just in case something does happen to me.

Thread Information