Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buying things you've always wanted

I had that washing machine, happystuff, because my Mom had one forever. It was such a great machine!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I had that washing machine, happystuff, because my Mom had one forever. It was such a great machine!!!
    Actually that's our dryer. We've had it for so long, I can't remember if we got it new or used. Good brand!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Interesting thread.

I bought four out of five grandkids Patagonia spring jackets that I got during their 60% off winter sale. I love Patagonia, so I have splurged in the past during their sales. I'm hoping I'll have the discipline to save the jackets for their birthdays! I can see myself jumping the gun and giving them out now and then still having to buy a birthday present!

I usually have an Amazon kindle trigger-finger but I've been going to the library more.

Maybe my "what I've always wanted" purchase would be an entrance arbor for my garden. Oh, and an electric lawn mower.
    I do the same thing with my kids and grandkids. I am restraining myself from buying a second birthday present for my daughter in law since I am giving her a wonderful present already, a family heirloom. But it would be so hard to wait on the jackets.
    I think you should pick one of those last two things and buy it for yourself this spring!! They aren't that expensive and really would make your summer nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Actually that's our dryer. We've had it for so long, I can't remember if we got it new or used. Good brand!
    Oops! We bought a set of them at Home Depot when we bought our first foreclosure in SC, and got them both for 499, and they delivered them on Thanksgiving Day. (Which was really weird.)
    We brought the washer and left it when we moved from Michigan. We couldn't bring the dryer because it was gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Oops! We bought a set of them at Home Depot when we bought our first foreclosure in SC, and got them both for 499, and they delivered them on Thanksgiving Day. (Which was really weird.)
    We brought the washer and left it when we moved from Michigan. We couldn't bring the dryer because it was gas.
    That was a great price!!! Our dryer is electric - no gas line on our street.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Here is a sample. The one is Baggallini, the other two are Travelon - which I consider almost the same/equal to Baggallini's. The bottom right is a fanny pack. I also have one or two more upstairs in the bedroom, but dh is napping right now. LOL.

Attachment 5784
    Haha. I used to handle Travelom’s imports before covid.

Interesting thread.

I'm curious, Iris. What is your new collecting hobby?….
    I hate to confess it, but I will. I become one of those old ladies who collects dolls.

My focus is Blythe dolls, customized Blythe dolls, and their expensive clothes. The factory Blythes are cheap, but the customized ones are not.

I’m blaming it all on my cat. If only she would let me dress her up, my hobby would cost about $5 a month. I would go to the thrift store and buy cute little outfits for her. But she is adamant that she will NOT wear anything of any kind and this includes a collar around her neck. She won’t let me put a bow on her little head. Otherwise, she’s a perfect cat.
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I hate to confess it, but I will. I become one of those old ladies who collects dolls.

My focus is Blythe dolls, customized Blythe dolls, and their expensive clothes. The factory Blythes are cheap, but the customized ones are not.

I’m blaming it all on my cat. If only she would let me dress her up, my hobby would cost about $5 a month. I would go to the thrift store and buy cute little outfits for her. But she is adamant that she will NOT wear anything of any kind and this includes a collar around her neck. She won’t let me put a bow on her little head. Otherwise, she’s a perfect cat.
    Ahhh... okay, I remember you posting about that elsewhere. LOL on the cat.

I have always wanted beautiful home and garden things (to me anyway) but scratch the itch by buying used. That does get old though. We have a tiny pantry in this house so I have been looking for a cabinet to store all the extra food and pet food. I would love to just buy something new but can't justify the price and no doubt something old is better quality anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I have always wanted beautiful home and garden things (to me anyway) but scratch the itch by buying used. That does get old though. We have a tiny pantry in this house so I have been looking for a cabinet to store all the extra food and pet food. I would love to just buy something new but can't justify the price and no doubt something old is better quality anyway.
    I have been looking for a cabinet for potatoes/onions/rice now for a year. It needs to be around 12” deep, 27” wide, no more.

I am happy to pay the prices for new low end stuff but the quality is so unpleasant. I looked at old pieces for a long time. I found a new piece with the right dimensions and color, but…I may continue to look for old pieces.
    I am not a serious person.

Thread Information