Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump Jesus.

Trump Jesus.

Anyone gonna go out and buy themselves an antichrist Bible? Interesting to see the shoe salesman head of the Republican Party branching out to Bibles so soon after he started his shoe business. Seems like he’s a bit desperate for cash despite the absurd ruling cutting his appeal bond requirement.

I think I'll pass!

I think it's hilarious. It just highlights Trump's boldness, and his marketing genius. Sure, half the country will know it's ridiculous and so completely hypocritical it's laughable but it will provide confirmation bias for the other half who will see it as Trump doing what he can to prop us up against the secularization of America. They won't care that the last time he probably stepped inside a church was at his baptism, or that, as Liz Cheney said, he has flagrantly flouted some of the Bible's basic commandments. His followers will be proud to buy a Donald Trump bible.

Frankly the other worrisome thing this circus trick does is to further break down the separation of church and state. Linking the Bible with politics the way Trump is doing it creates a dangerous form of nationalism based on religious identity.

But it's all part of his plan (NOT "His" plan)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I think I'll pass!
    Amen.

When the news showed a photo of him holding up the bible, I had a fleeting mental image of the antichrist. The value of his loser social media stock is also a great mystery to me.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I swear the following story is true, I swear - I am saying this as I don't believe it myself. I received a FB message from a Trump supporting gay man with whom I went to high school who read one of my posts and fired back with - "And God said let there be light. So he created Donald Trump." Seriously. I just am blown away that this man would take his MAGA support to this insane level. Ay carumba, what is wrong with this country? And our politics? It's really insane on both sides. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I swear the following story is true, I swear - I am saying this as I don't believe it myself. I received a FB message a Trump supporting gay man with whom I went to high school who read one of my posts and fired back with - "And God said let there be light. So he created Donald Trump." Seriously. I just am blown away that this man would take his MAGA support to this insane level. Ay carumba, what is wrong with this country? And our politics? It's really insane on both sides. Rob
    Yoinks. That there is some crazy/funny business.
    I am not a serious person.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Yoinks. That there is some crazy/funny business.
    I know we don't often agree but Thank You here! It is indeed as you put it, some crazy/funny business. Rob

I have many concerns for the future. But imposition of a theocracy is not one of them. Our country becomes less religious by the day, and no amount of Handmaid cosplay or dark forebodings about traditional Catholics will convince me there is any support for that sort of thing.

Maybe if a Trump bible included a list of loopholes, it might be worth $59.99.

What version of the Bible is it?

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    What version of the Bible is it?
    "Large-print King James edition — an apparent collaboration with country singer Lee Greenwood — comes bound with texts of Declaration of Independence, U.S. Constitution, Bill of Rights and Pledge of Allegiance"
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information