Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I have many concerns for the future. But imposition of a theocracy is not one of them. Our country becomes less religious by the day, and no amount of Handmaid cosplay or dark forebodings about traditional Catholics will convince me there is any support for that sort of thing.

Maybe if a Trump bible included a list of loopholes, it might be worth $59.99.
    I'm not talking about a true theocracy.. I'm talking about the danger of linking nationalism and political ideology with a "God is on my side" mentality. If a political figure goes around selling Bibles, what message does that send? That everyone else is wrong except for the standard-bearer of the Almighty.

You can hoodwink a lot of people by co-opting their core beliefs.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    "Large-print King James edition — an apparent collaboration with country singer Lee Greenwood — comes bound with texts of Declaration of Independence, U.S. Constitution, Bill of Rights and Pledge of Allegiance"
    I do sort of like the idea of having all of those documents in one handy container. not that I would want one because I would look online for these things, but still.
    I am not a serious person.

So is this going to be something you would walk into a bible store and do something like flip over the front crossed bible, and ask for?

Rumor on the street is that there could be an autographed Trump memorial Veg-O-Matic in the works.
    "what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" Mary Oliver

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I'm not talking about a true theocracy.. I'm talking about the danger of linking nationalism and political ideology with a "God is on my side" mentality. If a political figure goes around selling Bibles, what message does that send? That everyone else is wrong except for the standard-bearer of the Almighty.

You can hoodwink a lot of people by co-opting their core beliefs.
    Yes, it is an uncomfortable scenario, that’s for sure.
    I am not a serious person.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Rumor on the street is that there could be an autographed Trump memorial Veg-O-Matic in the works.
    At least the Veg-O-Matic has some potential useful value, unlike the bible.

Thread Information